Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

junk from day one
By tankzulla

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought certified pre owned 2008 with 34k miles. 3 months in the ball join and control arm break replaced for free. november hits and snow falls car is uncontrollable in any snow or wet conditions even at 10 mph. 2 times car has flown across highway turning sideways almost crashed both times. i take it and the tires are worn to the medal on the inside of the tread out of pocket 250 for new ones with no explanation of why only the inside was worn down took it back out in the snow and lost it again. dealership has no solution and gm says its not awd that's why. when i could take my 95 turbo supra out and do better. such a pathetic company makes me sick any one else having this problem?

heated leather seats, remote start

use better parts and construct a more reliable safe car, its no wonder every one is buying imports

Bad rear door locks
By mes1944

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rear door locks quit working at 32000 miles.
I believe this to be a safety issue in that the rear seat passengers especially infants and young children may become trapped during an emergency.
The driver will not be able to activate the rear door locks.

Replace or make available new locks

It's a love/hate relationship!
By dustinjoe

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. I am the 2nd owner. Its fun to drive, reliable, and its a head-turner. I have the LTZ. Its bright red and got all the chrome around it and drives a lot of attention. At 49000 the car started using two quarts of oil around every 2000 miles. The salesman said it was normal. Yeah right. My door locks have began to act up and the a/c system doesn't work right sometimes. I love my car, but i'm afraid its going to start using more oil. No leak can to be found and it doesn't seem to be burning the oil. Thats really my only concern. I absolutely love driving the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable. Will buy again when all the bugs are worked out of it.

Love the remote start, the chrome accents, heated seats, bose stereo system, and the steering wheel audio controls. The car is very comfortable and has lots of features The onstar is awesome. Love the driving directions it provides as I travel alot Its a great everyday car.

The door locks need to be fixed along with the a/c system. That doesnt prevent my from buying again, but the oil problems do. When I read reviews that does not consist of the oil troubles I will definately have another one. I love the car but hate the problems that is has.

IMPALA THE UNSAFE VEHICLE
By randykn

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

These cars are JUNK 34,000 miles equal 3 sets of tires, brakes 3 times. Rotors last a month at best. Can not be aligned properly, (recalled for goverment vehicles but not the public. DO NOT BUY A IMPALA you will be disapointed. Dealer suggestion to solve the brake problems is to NOT drive on any hills, quoate "these cars were not made for driving in the mountians" for 40 years i have driven GM cars but NO MORE. My 97 Taurus with 320,000 miles does not have the problems that my 2008 Impala has. Thouhjt i would buy my wife a safe car, boy was i wrong.

NO MORE GM PRODUCTS FOR ME

Can not think of one

Fix the brake, alingment and tire problems. A car that eats brake rotors in a month is poor engineering to say the least, recalls to only vehicles only sold to goverment agencies is bull. Are they more important than my families safty? NO Having to buy suspension kit to properly aling vehicle more bull.

Not What You Pay For
By kanani4274

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Chevy Impala new July 2008. I thought it was a bit pricey coming from a Chevy Pickup, but, needed to get away from high gas prices. This vehicle IS fuel efficient. It is hard to believe that this is a Full Size vehicle. The cab is extremely small for full size. I have two major complaints: #1 The suspension from the factory is junk and they know it. GM will not replace or repair this. I had to spend $1200.00 to fix a manufacturer defect after going through 3 sets of tires in under 40,000 miles. No thanks to GM. #2 The A/C-Heater System is JUNK, once again, GM knows of the problems and they will not repair or replace it. With that, I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle.

Fuel efficient

GM needs to learn to support the people that support them. I have owned only GM made vehicles. Every single one of the five vehicles had problems from the factory that GM would not repair or replace. The quality of product they produce is not worth the price they ask (and get). Because of GM's lack of integrity, I will not purchase another GM made vehicle. Sorry to say that, but it's true. So long GM.