Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 192 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

SS Fan
By matt cirafice

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Why this was made to be a front wheel drive vehicle is baffling. I have enjoyed it but the gas mileage is poor and some of the designing is poor. The latch to the hood nudged a hole in my condensor somehow. Very expensive repair ($1200). The vent door actuators are chinese made garbage that constantly fail (there are 4 hidden in the dash) and when one fails it make a loud annoying clicking noise. On the plus side, if you need to pass someone, just press the gas a little bit, 8 cylinders jump into action. Great on road trips.

outstanding
By erna wuolikainen

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

reliable, great comfort long distance driving

A Cadillac ride with a Chevy price !
By snm

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this vehicle since new ( my wife's car). It has been an in town vehicle primarily until recently, but it has always had a great comfortable, quiet and dependable ride since new. The 3.5L V6 engine is very quiet, smooth, powerful, will run on ethanol fuel if desired, and features like the dual zone climate control help the car feel like a luxury vehicle . The only part we replaced since new was the battery ( also had rear wheel alignment and tire replacement due to warranty / GM factory issue). It has the "Premium LT Package" which provides 6 way power driver and front passenger leather bucket seats and the rest of the chrome and stainless steel floor shift and dash appearance package. From day one we have enjoyed each mile of driving this vehicle. I know the new ones are the "next generation" of technology and appearance packages, and have very good professional and customer ratings, but we are still very happy with this vehicle. This generation of the Impala still is great for dependable "best buy" used car purchase.

loan only not for keeps
By chema

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

well i decided to test the car at dealer had a very good deal and the fact that i needed to loan to rebuilt my credit.
what i like is the car is remote start great for winnter
its fast and smooth ride ===== for long trips but seats are not comfortable enough.
GAS! in city is poor im guessing 17mpg ? i just drove 125 miles and its already half tank yeah thats cause its a big engine with large trunk so i havent hit
the high way much
my saab with turbo 200 miles to half a tank in city or high way

anyways i do like a car with lots of interior room trunk is large enough for luggages or groceries some like it for subwoofers
radio not the best it has pioneer speakers? cant find that info anywhere...moving on you cant customize almost anything billet grills,headlights,tail lights,instrument cluster,rims.

i do recommend the car to anyone

Love it/Hate it
By AT

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First I love this car! Great power, room, and space in the truck! I purchase my SS brand new and it now has 180k miles. My biggest complaint seem to be OEM Parts. I have replaced the Wheel Bearing three times, Repairman told me there is a problem with GM on these, the original set last for 130k miles the second less than 3k. The new set is not OEM and came with a three year warranty. I have had to replace the accelerator senor (twice) and the door actuators (once). Any more replacement will not be OEM, I've learned my lesson. Even with these issues I love this car. Please do not pull along the side and think you can beat me, you may lose your "pick slip", She a BEAST!!!