Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

I have fallen in love...with a car!
By shellbelle86

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The impala has made driving fun for me again. It handles very well, quiet engine, plenty of power and it looks great inside and out. I'm also saving money on gas these days. I was able to buy my car with extremely low mileage at a great price. I looked around and for the money you can't beat what you get with the impala.

Quiet engine, smooth handling, stylish, price, gas mileage

I have found all of the features to be practical and well designed except for the rear view mirrors. Visibility isn't terrible but could be improved.

second to none
By lonw

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Impala my other was the 2003 model, the 2008 is just as nice and seems quicker when you put the petal down, far better gauge display then the 2003.

the new display gauges body style

center console preferred the 2003 center console and sound system

so far so good
By mark

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are very pleased with our car. A little disappointed with sticker mileage compared to actual. All manufacturers seem to get away with that one? However very reliable car, runs smooth, LOT'S of power. Wanted the LTZ because of more HP. Salesman said I would be happy with LT, and saved a lot of money. He was right. The traction control is a must in the snow here in Canada. Never had a problem. 2nd winter with it and reg. all season tires! By the way we found that if you order a car with the features you want it can save you money on the sticker price. Can save another thousand if you order it, as the dealers automatically tack on a thousand to cover cost of the car sitting on the lot.

Body style, smooth ride, handling, decent tires. Huge trunk, quiet ride

Front seats are a little uncomfortable, as noted by another writer they need to be more contoured on the upper part.

A daily driver shouldn't be this fun!
By DC

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Handles great, steering is snappy and sharp, (some say clunky, but for a spirited driver, its perfect). Combined with 4 doors and a large trunk, it's sporty and versatile. Opted for the silverstone metallic with black leather, sharp! Great stereo, firm but comfy seats with heaters. XM and OnStar are great. 303hp doesn't hurt either. Have scared a lot of tuners on the line when the 5.3L makes the tires scream (just remember to turn off the traction control). And it even runs on regular 87 octane! (Tell that to your Charger owners!)

The engine. Smooth transmission and active fuel management system is seamless. Sunroof, stereo (Bose), remote start for the winters.

More lateral bolstering in the seats. Hard turns at speed make you feel loose in the seat and want to prop your leg against the kick panel for support. My '70 Firebird is the same way.

Impala vs Honda & Toyota? No comparison.
By Ron Tranmer

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've read complaints about the poor vision in the rear view mirrors. On every car I own I buy the little round blind spo" mirrors at Walmart for about 2 bucks each, and put them on the outside corner of each mirror. I then have excellent side mirror vision. Another complaint I've read is about poor visibility through the rear window. Especially with a spoiler. C'mon... I can see everything I need to see through my rear window. (I have a spioler) I haven't had the car too long but I love it. Read the consumer reviews on the higher rated Honda Accord and Toyota Camery, and you'll find a much higher percent of complaints than that of Impala owners. Go figure...

Quiteness, looks, leather, mileage, feel. American!

None needed for price. Bought my LTZ for 16,000 with only 14,000 miles. A less quality Honda or Toyota would have cost me thousands more.