Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

"Good Car not Great car"
By Scott

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 08 Impala Lt 3.5 V6 used with nearly 26,000 miles on it. It was in pristine shape. It runs good ONLY execpt for my excessive tire alignment problems that the factory warranty wont cover. Yea the bumper to bumper the covers "almost" everything. Other than those minor problems and the lagging power of the V6 i think it was a great buy.

Huge trunk, really like the look, radio is fantastic for just the basic stock any very roomy

Alot of outside noise when no music is on, handling is clumsy, should just make the 3.9 v-6 and the SS model.

Great economical, powerful family sedan
By Richard Hanks

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 34,000 miles on the clock. Immediately set off on a 5744 mile round trip to east coast from WA State. Amazed at 32.3 average mpg received with cruise set at 70 mph where possible. Several tanks at 34+. Some heavy head winds in SD and MT on return reduced economy. The suspension is too soft for my taste with excessive body roll on cornering at higher speeds, though ride was very comfortable. As others have stated the side mirrors are on the small side for total safety. Power is more than adequate with the 3.5 liter V-6. Fit and finish both inside and out is very good. Trunk carried dog crate, cooler and all our bags with room to spare. I am very satisfied with this car.

Fuel economy Styling Price

Stiffer suspension larger cup holders

great value
By codger

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

replaced 2000 Jaguar S Type 3.0. Needed more leg room and a larger trunk. Miss my memory seat & steering. The build quality is as good as any import I have owned ( Jaguar, Volvo, Infinity etc.)

room. performance

needs 5 or 6 speed trans.

Good MPG for V8
By steve

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for work. The Trunk is great, I have to carry a lot of equipment and it is nice. I have the SS which has the V8. On the highway it get 25-26 avg MPG. It switches from 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder smoothly, which a was concerned about before I bought the car. The Ltz owner I read the review must not drive but to his mailbox and back to get 17 avg. My 2004 GMC has better avg MPG than that (in the summer).

Handles pretty good for a big car. SS suspension, and V8. Huge Trunk, love it, everything is safe and dry. Heated seats and sunrooof. SS is cheap reliable fun.

SS rides a bit rough compared to regular impalas. Front wheel drive makes it surprisingly good in snow with the performance tires, but the V8 power is hard to lay down without replacing expensive tires.

Great Car!!! Hate the cup holders.
By Jason

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a Mariner that was having drivetrain problems. My car was a leftover (at the end of 08). I drove it and fell in love. The front seats are spacious and very comfortable. The car has the gusto to pull past just about any other car I need to, within reason. I do wish that I had the 3.9L engine as I have added a hitch and the 3.5 seems a bit underpowered on uphill stretches having to rev around 2500 RPMs to maintain speed. My only two complaints are the cup holders. I can't fit a large cup from anywhere in with any other cup. Smaller cups and bottles fit fine, but on long road trips, who wants a small? Also, I have been in the shop for brake pulsations twice in < 1 year.

Radio-For a stock radio (no Bose), it ROCKS!!! Ride Quality-smooth as a baby's bottom. Spacious Trunk. Small windows behind rear doors help with parking lot viability. HVAC-this car will either freeze you out in the summer, or roast you in the winter! Remote Start-Factory Installed.

Better quality brakes, better design on cup holders (front and rear), more rear leg room. I drove a Toyota Camry and could sit behind the driver's seat with it all the way back. I cannot in my Impala. Also, reduce wind noise in cross winds from driver's door. Vent Visors fixed this problem.