Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 192 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

AFTER MY 1ST YEAR
By Tom

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car a year ago, had 22,000 on it now has 42,000. Back to dealership for minor things, but had to replace 2 tires, I swear they are rubbing something under the vehicle, steel belts came through, shouldn't w only 42,000 on them. Just your BASIC sedan next vehicle will be the Hyundai sonata hell of a lot more car for the money

Like the Exterior look but thats about it

More rear leg room, rear cup holders, better looking interior more comfortable, better sound system. Just more options for the l t model that are standard in other cars

Don't Buy
By Dargiewicz

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The front tires need replaced after 8000 miles. The drivers door is noisy as wind goes by. Rear door lock sticks. This is my wife's car - she is not happy - My mother has owned Impala's for many years, she bought a 2009 Impala and is ready to go buy a Ford. My family of nine has owned GM's from the mid 70's - I own a 2001 GMC truck and have owned many GM vehicles (great truck but after Impala I may go to Ford truck)Always wanted a 3500 but may go 350

Good power, roomy, nice car for about six months

Front end weak - Tire wear is not good not even fair - Car quite to drive for first six months after that turn signal noisy - out side noise increases - Gas MPG not at 29. For $23,000.00 not happy

60,000 Miles later!!!
By Anthony

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had so much fun with a car. The SS is a blast to drive and its sad the 09 year was the last one. I just turned 60k miles already and had the rotors cut once, and a bad fuel evaporator canister needed to be changed. I still have the original tires on the car!I only wish the import buyers would have driven an SS before purchasing a car. The Imp has a ton of room and a huge trunk too! I have avged @ 20 mpgs between city and highway driving. Buy a used one today and it is the steal of the century since resale isn't to strong. If Chevy would have really promoted the car it would have survived. Find one and have some fun!!!

V8..cant beat a small block! Heated seats and the flip and fold back seat. Plenty of space to hold the family. And again V8!!

Brakes fade pretty fast. Handling and seat bolstered could use improvement. For the money you couldn't beat this car. Was the best value when new now a screaming bargain used!!

Disappointed in Chevy
By Frank

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has had to be back to the dealer 7 times for emissions related codes that cause a check-engine light within the first 17 months of ownership. It happened 4 times in the first year, but I didn't file a lemon law claim in time (it had to be done within the first 12 months) and now Chevy won't buy it back and I have changed to a different dealer for the last couple of repairs.

None.

QUALITY. Why doesn't Chevy get this and why won't they buy it back from me. I am willing to take a hit on the price, but I would feel guilty selling it to anyone other than Chevy.

LTZ-Best car for the dollar
By JWT in Indianapolis

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2008 LTZ is the best car I have ever owned(2 Cadillacs, 2 Porsches, 3 Toyotas, 1 Ford, 1 Buick, 1 BMW). It is well equipped, fun to drive, built with quality, and good looking. It gets about 26-30 mpg on the highway depending on speed driven. If I keep it at 65mph or less I get close to 30 mpg. I get 20-22 back and forth to work (to/from downtown Indianapolis). I really like the look of the 18 inch tires.

Bose and XM radio are a great feature. I can't do without the seat warmers. I enjoy the information provided on the display-gas mileage, tire pressure, compass, %oil. change, etc. The 18 inch tires look great. The large trunk easily accommodates two sets of golf clubs and a pull cart.

I wish it had back-up sensors.