Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

impala
By Felipe Soler

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride, strong car,smooth ride.Would buy An impala again over any Japanese car. AC is great, leather seats are very comfortable.Body metal seems better than Toyota or Honda does not dent easy. Nice acceleration. Gas is fine when traveling far, i get more than 350 miles with a full tank.

leather seats, a/c, acceleration, fuel management system.

tires wear abnormally on the outside, suspension needs improvement.

More good than bad
By Don W

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this vehicle for 20 months and 30000 miles. No tire replacement yet, maybe 6000 miles more on them. I love the performance. I owned a Malibu before this Impala. I just feel the Impala is more stable, especially when needing a fast acceleration, or a quick braking. The extra-loud cabin noises (engine Whine and outside wind) are irritating.

Automatic start, 18 inch wheels, interior and exterior design, trunk space, back seat(flip up for extra room), all-around comfortable driving experience

Wind noise is to loud, engine Whine is irritating, automatic climate control would be smart improvement.

08 Impala LT 3.5 Liter
By JW

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Factory Goodyears on this car were a joke. I bought the car at 14,000 miles and drove the car to 18,000 miles and had to replace the Goodyears. (Why does Goodyear keep getting OEM Contracts with the big three ?) I have Michelins on now and they are wearing excellently. The car is smooth. The V- 6 could use a little more umph for my taste but not bad. The mileage is excellent. I average 30 to 32 miles per gallon in the Impala. I had 2 Ford Focuses and didn't do much better than that. This car has a huge trunk and feels great on the highway.The remote start that is standard, and the stereo system for stock is very nice. Over all I am pleased and would buy again. Buy used for the best deal !!

Satellite Radio. Remote Start

A little more horsepower would be nice.

Reliably Rapid
By Dave

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My car was a rental for its first 20k miles. After 1 year and 17k more miles, all I've done is keep the oil changed. The cylinder deactivation gives highway economy of 27mpg with the cruise set on 70. It drops to about 17 in town. A friend with a Bentley Arnage commented on how nice the interior is! All that and outstanding acceleration to boot. The look of despair and surprise on a Honda "tuner" face in the rearview when the light turns green is priceless :) This car is a keeper.

1) V8 power and torque 2) Remote starter 3) XM radio 4) flip and fold rear seats 5) SS specific styling

1) Illuminate the entire inside of the tail lights. The red dot in an integrated housing may be fine for foreigners, but it looks awful. 2) More power - I can't beat a hemi Challenger! (and I never tried) 3) How about a retractable hard top?

Tires,tires,tires
By concerned

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Impala and it had 26000 miles on it. It now has 35500 and has the back tires on the inside of the tire wore to the cords. I have to also replace the front as they are wearing unevenly. I took it to the garage and this is the 2nd set of tires that it has went through at 36000 miles and was told that this is common with this model. The road noise is terrible. When my granddaughter rides in my car with me she saw "airplane grandma?" by hearing the noise of the car on the road. I like the power & the room the car provides however I feel that if there is a problem with the tires that the company should step up and take care of it. I hope it sticks good in the winter.

Large trunk and heated seats

2 sets of tires by 36000 is definitely outrages. The company needs to step up and admit something is wrong. The road noise is very bad as well.