Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Chevrolet has cheapened the Impala
By Charl

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was very disappointed in the newer Impala as I owned a 2005 and loved the vehicle (my fault for not researching). Chevrolet has left out many of the old standards of comfort and the gas mileage is very disappointing. We have owned at least six Chevrolet cars and I'm sorry to say I will think twice about purchasing another.

I like the style of the car and the uncluttered dash.

I used to get 30 mpg and now get 22 mpg. Chevrolet should be ashamed for not improving the mileage!!! Make the seats softer - my husband's truck is more comfortable. I miss the back seat that folded down for trunk access. I like a car with the bench seat but please return to the older style.

Another Chevy
By Norma & Jim

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned quite a few Chevy cars over the years and some were better than others. We bought a 2005 Impala in 2006 and it`s been one of the best. Then we bought this 2008 Impala LTZ used. It is stylish, comfortable, quiet and just an all around nice car. It has 40000 mi but still drives and looks like new.

WOW, where to start! This vehicle has all the bells and whistles. Remote start, leather interior, fuel management, power seats, great stereo, great fuel economy (E85 fuel capable) and all I can say is, if you`re in the market for a good car, new or used, check out the Impala. You`ll love it.

Make the net in the trunk shorter and not as tight (makes it difficult to put large bags and boxes into trunk). Put the strap handle for closing trunk lid back on.

NASCAR IMPALA
By Nascar Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

While the few car magazine reviews of this car give it less than stellar reviews, this car is a great cruiser and can be driven as fast as a car needs to be driven! Passing is a blast. While some reviews call the suspension tuning "boat" like, I'd strongly disagree. I believe it handles very flat and also takes road bumps well. Very good mix. I have yet to cause the front end to push taking corners way to fast. The seats do limit your cornering as they have no side bolsters. Since most seat time is cruising, this is an acceptable trade off. Gas mileage is good also....except if you are using it for the V-8...which is why I bought it!

Excessive engine power...even though it is front wheel drive. In winter, a rear wheel drive power sedan would not be worth it.

Seats with more side support. Longer remote start range.

Fast speed, faster break downs
By Mixed Emotions

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with 34000 miles, lots of wheel spin, 21mpg mixed 27 highway. can keep up with newer mustang gt's and eat up 5.7 hemi chargers, BUT 4 fuel injectors replaced, bad onstar unit and a paranoia when driving more than 100 miles at a time. every time I've been on a road trip a fuel injector goes bad. i should have learned my lesson after my 05 cts's water pump and transmission went out at 4 yrs and 33000 miles on the clock. no wonder GM went bankrupt so so so much fun to drive...until it breaks down. dealership would blame a flat tire with a nail in it on "unknown causes with no sure fix"

acceleration, gas mileage for the power

a corvette derived engine that runs 10x's worse than my 92 lebaron's is a travesty.

Good basic car = LS
By swhite

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drove my Impala LS for two years as company car before buying. It hasn't ever needed mechanical repair. At higher mileages, i do "hear rattling" or something. The tires do wear unevenly which may be the rattling. Otherwise it's a great car and easy decision to purchase for my personal use after being company car.

good quality for price radio

wheel alignment