Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Impala LS base model
By Ryan

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala LS feb 2009 with 33,000 miles as a used rental car, the car now in april '10 it has nearly 60,000 miles. The car drives just as a large GM car should - smooth and quiet. The car has better road holding abilities than some older large GM cars I've owned. Some say the handiling of an Impala is poor but I can go around any turn at or slightly above the posted speed limit with out any issues. If you take recreational or business trips you will like this car alot. Fully loaded with 4 adults and gear I was 200lbs over max weight (about 1,200 lbs) and got 27mpg on a 150 mile sight seeing/camping trip through the hills of NY and PA. Its a good commuter car also with25- 28mpg avg

Smooth quiet ride. Standard V6 power. 5/100,000 power train warrenty. Power windows, locks, mirrors and drivers seat standard. The Solid transaxle and clean body style are a +++ also!

Move the heat/ac controles to the top of the dash where the vents are now... Make the controles more ez to use w/o actually looking at them... Also - offer better factory tires. The Good Year integrity tires that came with it made it handle poorly and they didnt last long.

Left in despair
By Clayton Hawk

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second time within 90 days I have experienced problems with the console or gear safety switch locking up and not able to change into any gear. How inconvenent is this. I say it has been very upsetting. This has left me and my family stranded and needing the car towed and billed to my insurance.

Driver's seat and back have confort.

Front Passengers seat is very unconfortable.

Horrible Car - Shame on you GM
By Stephanie

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Chevy Impala with 30,000 miles on it I thought I had a great car. Turns out it is NOT a good car. Several things going wrong now and I am at 60,000 miles. My outside trim is falling off, have to add oil before 3000 miles with no explanation, my traction control comes on in warm, dry weather and causes the car to slow down with warning lights saying "reduced engine power" and now the check engine light is on constantly. So far leaving the traction control off is working so I can at least drive it. The radio is junk, the heater only works while driving, not while idling so warming the car up is not an option. Thats great news in MI. I am done with GM vehicles and I WAS a fan.

The sunroof but I can get that on any car.

Fire the entire Quality Control department and hire some people that know what they are doing.

My great Impala
By Alan

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2007. Have had many new cars in my life: imports and Detroit iron. This one is the best. Replaced tires a couple months ago; that's it for repairs. Have had zero problems with the car. This is the first time I've ever had a new car without a warranty repair, and I'm picky! No rattles -- everything works. Car is comfortable and gets a genuine 30 mpg highway and has given us 27 mpg overall since purchase. I bought an Impala because I ran them in my fleet at work and was impressed by their reliability and low cost to operate.

Love the XM radio, especially when we travel out west. The steering wheel audio controls work nice. OK, it's not as roomy as my 1967 Impala was, but I can still get me, my wife, daughter-in-law and two grandsons in the car and five sets of golf clubs in the trunk. That's in a 30 mpg car!

I got the car with column mount shifter because the chrome ring around the floor shifter reflects the sun in your eyes. Cup holders are also more awkward with floor shifter. Could use better outside mirrors.

Front End- steering
By Shannon

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have 31,000 miles on my Impala. The car was starting to be very rough, even over the smallest bumps. I also noticed driving on the highway that if I got distracted even a small bit the car was heading into the other lane, it started to wonder. It was also impossible to steer in parking lots at a low speed. I took it into the dealership and they had to replace the rack and pinion and the power steering pump, all under warranty. The car rides perfect again. My only concern is this something I will have to do every 30,000 miles. I don't drive my car under any adverse conditions so I hope for the best.

the car is cheap and good gas mileage, but afraid I might pay for it in the long run because of build quality.

build a stronger and reliable car to build confidence in the consumer. My last GM vehicle, the steering gear went out about month so my confidence in GM is down to last straw. Been really looking a lot at Fords lately and I owned A GM vehicle since '91