Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Me likey the Impala SS
By impalasswally

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like my Impala SS! Not incredibly sexy from certain angles, and the interior style is hideous, but for the $$, an incredible buy. V-8 power, better gas milage than my wifes V-6 Traverse (thanks to 4-cyl shut-off ... which you never notice). 0 to 60 sub 5.7 sec ... the new $40K Impala with the same HP is going to be Plus 7 sec. It stickered for $31K loaded, got it for 25K between 3K off from dealer, and 3K from GM card earnings. I am out of warranty almost a year now - almost 6 years old. I will admit, mostly local driving (I live close to work) and only 31K miles, but bullet proof. Starts every day, just changed oil. Both front hubs have been changed recently - only repair in 6 years.

Power, Power and Power! I am not a fast driver, but when you want to pass that annoying SOB who cuts you off, outside of truly fast sports cars, untouchable. Bose strero is also very good. Leather seats are good to ... not Lexus like, but fit the purpose. Chrome 18" rims are much needed style to an otherwise dull exterior. Fold down rear seats are a great cargo feature.

Wood trim is hideous, although I opted for it over the fake metal trim, so much so that I opted not to get the color I wanted (Laser Blue Metallic), just to get the wood, in Red Metallic. Could use the wood trim on the Toyota Avalon ... as a matter of fact, it could use the whole intereior of the Avalon, or for the time, the Hyundai Azera. Both had superior interiors, but I opted for the uniqueness of the SS, with its V-8. The huge trunk could have been sacrificed for a little more rear seat room. Power sunroof, although I love, should not slide open outside the car, but in the roof.

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012
By perplexed2007

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new in Nov. 2006, nothing but problems, shouldve know something was wrong when I had to have oil pan gasket reoplaced 2x by 30k mi, after that, window motor, electrical problems, computer that controls windows failed, catalytic con.. before 50k, muffler, trans gears, wire from brakes to shifter 2x, and now the trans at 118k+, the dealersship is willing to cover the cost of the trans repair or replacement all but $500. Yeah to Dealership. I dont feel I should have to pay anything since I've been knowing there was a problem with the trans bfore warranty expired. I Contacted chevy customer support and they are useless, they are not willing to cover the rest. I will never buy
GMC

My Letter to General Motors Corporation 11/7/2012 I contacted you guys (customer support) because I didn’t feel I should pay anything. So I don't know why you people (customer support) are pretending like you've actually done me a favor when all you've done is said we agree with the dealership offer. I'm grateful that the dealership was willing to work with me, but you guys were a total waste of time and energy and basically what it boils down to is that you (GMC) need to improve the quality of your products, and when you find out that you have a defective product in the market, take full responsibility for that product, warranty or not. Apparently you guys (GMC) didn’t learn anything from

the position that you were in approximately four years ago. If you continue to distribute this poorly designed, faulty, unreliable and defective product and neglect the obligation of taking responsibility for what you provide us (the consumer) with you will surely find yourself in the this position very, very shortly. So continue on the path that you are on and I wish you all the best but you won't have to worry about me. Or for that matter anyone around me either. A wise man learns from the mistake of others but sometimes he has to learn from his own and it is sometime painful, but in hindsight its quite enlightening. Sincerely, A Former GM customer

2007 Impala LTZ
By bdunmire

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for over a year now. Just before my full year was up I had to replace my stainless exhaust do to my mufflers rotting out on top. When I did that I noticed that my back tires where worn on the inside. I had tires replaced and was told my rear camber was out and could not be adjusted. I found out that GM fixed Impalas that had this problem only with the police package, under recall, so i order the part kit as there no difference between the those parts on my car and a police car. Now that I have those problems fixed I have no other issues. I do love this car it’s fun to drive, comfortable, and looks good. However I will not buy another GM vehicle after this one.

I wish GM would own up to their mistakes!

2007 Impala LTZ
By ericjp

2007 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Impala LTZ for three years and have 107,000 miles.
Just paid $1000 to have trasmission valve body replaced, whatever that is.
Bottom line, do not buy an Impala.
I know it is tempting because they are cheap and look decent.
The LTZ has all the bells and whistles.
The 3.9l v6 has good performance and gas mileage.
The problem is build quality.
The transmissions are prown to have all kinds of problems.
I have never had this many problems with any car.
GM uses cheap parts.
Head gaskets were replaced and the list goes on and on.
Avoid Chevrolet products.
You get what you pay for.
Buy a Honda, Toyota or Hyundai instead.

Power sunroof Remote start Bose stereo 3.9l acceleration

Transmission is not reliable. Should be a 6 speed. Bumpers chip and flake away. Build quality is terrible. Typical auto union-made junk.

So many kinks with first year of new/improved models
By sounditout

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Leaky transmission fluid. Broken Rear window defroster. Sticky emergency brake and parking brake combination. Tire Pressure Monitoring System replaced 4 times. Wears through tires too fast, same with brake pads. Car trembles upon reaching 65 mph. Car battery died this past thanksgiving, not even cold outside. Mufflers rotted out from top down? Doesn't make sense since they were stainless steel, plus the bottom would have been exposed to the elements, so theoretically should have rotted out from bottom up. Mufflers not covered under warranty since that's not supposed to happen,
but GM payed for replacement (not labor though)

It still has its new car smell! I like having buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio or cruise control or what not, it makes for safer driving. I enjoy that the seat moves vertically (I'm not a very tall person). Many people say they get bad mileage at 20 mpg or so, but I get 27, and am surprised and pleased by it all the time.

The Anti-Lock brakes go on with the tiniest trace of snow, which I know isn't necessarily bad, but it scares the crap out of me when I can't brake properly in seemingly fine weather conditions. Also, the front speakers seem to switch from left to right randomly, can be quite the scare to have music playing louder than it was a moment ago. The headlights flicker incessantly, but dealership mechanics don't believe me since they're not driving the car around at night.