Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Junk
By getit

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for company use in 2006. It is now 2009 and this car has pretty much been replaced. The tire monitor system constantly breaks, the hot air only works at 1500+rpms both fenders have been replaced, the tires wore out at 30,000 miles the gas gauge reads wrong, the paint is bad, the fuel tank had to be replaced, two injecters went bad. My MAF went bad, the driver seat ripped, the wood trim inside fell off, the rear speakers dont work, the engine makes alot of noise at idle and shakes bad at idle, the RPM gauge is faulty, the car idles to high, the power seats don't work, my rack went bad followed by my power steering pump, had tranny problems, and a ton more

The truck that sits next to it

Make it better and warrant it for 100,000 miles. Make the American car worth defending and purchasing

I Love it & Hate it!
By B.Y.

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really love my 07 Impala SS. I'm debating if I should get rid of it or should I play with it by adding a high performance exhaust, performance chip, cold air intake, the works! But this car constantly is in the shop for transmission problems. Something with the torque converter. The same problem every time. Okay, I drove the heck out of her when I first bought it. The car has become unreliable. Oh well. I'll just drive my 86 Cutlass Supreme. That car never breaks down.

Power

Rear wheel drive with a manual 6 speed transmission.

Excellent car!
By Adam from Houston Tx

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been completely reliable every step of the way. I would recommend this car highly to anyone buying a new or used car! Well built car and very well designed.

I-Pod connection, sunroof, heated seats

Take away the front wheel drive and make it rear wheel drive!

Disappointed
By Gilligan

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very disappointed, bad paint quality and interior pieces, especially the drivers seat, continue to fall apart. Now just lost both by transmission and torque converter at 74000 miles. Guess that is why GM only stands behind their transmissions for 36000 miles. It is a very fun car to drive, no questions, and I routinely get 26-28 MPG on highway. Tire air pressure monitors are useless and I also have a short in the car no one can find and I keep having dead batteries. They cost around $200 if you buy them and install them yourself and you can plan on adding another $50 to have it installed.

Handles great, and for a performance suspension it rides very nice. It's a good looking car, and it came with a great Bose stereo system.

Better quality seats and a much more durable exterior paint, mine is pitted everywhere and I have taken very good care of the car. The battery location is terrible and requires a high CCA battery in a small area, very hard to fine and change.

Love it!
By Bethie

2007 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car but have to agree with a few of the earlier reviews about the tire sensor system. It is very touchy and the light goes on all of the time. Now that I just rotated my tires, it doesn't happen quite so often, but it is annoying. On top of that, in the MN cold weather, the radio doesn't turn on when starting the car - just makes a static sound so I have to turn it off until the engine warms up. Haven't brought that to the attention of my dealer yet. Otherwise, this is a smooth ride and I get lots of compliments on how it looks. I feel very safe in it, too!

Keyless entry, remote start, OnStar

Better cup holders in the back, fix the tire sensor monitor.