Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great Car
By oildawg

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Im suprised at all the negative reviews, then again as a former service manager, no I'm not. I bought my Impala brand new & have put over 140k on it with little or no trouble. 1 water pump @ 42k...with dealer assistance, 1 window regulator, and a battery. Ride, drive, and performance is still great. I am a maintenance freak and take great car of my cars, my plan is to give to my son for college and it will have about 180k then. I see no resson why this car wont go 2-300k.

No real favorite, its really a pretty plain car, but great source of transportation.

More and better cupholders.

GM left me hanging.
By gmletmedown

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I took my new bride on our honeymoon to Montana this past June (I'm from Arizona).
Before leaving, I had the oil changed and had the entire car checked out before I left.
As soon as I hit 76,000 (1,000 miles past my extended warranty) the transmission began to slip.
I was left stranded and GM refused to help me.
I was forced to pay for a local transmission shop to repair the car, luckily for me they seem to have done a good job.

I will never buy another GM car.
They do not build reliable cars and I have always supported them up until this.

Here is a list of other problems that I've had to deal with:
1. I've gone through TWO waterpumps.
The first waterpump went out because

cont from above: because the chevy repairmen dropped it and bent the pully. 2. The car had two window regulators go out. 3. I've had to have my rotors changed. 4. All of the AC regulators had to be changed. 5. I don't listen to loud music, but my rear speakers are both blown. 6. All of the trim has had to be replaced because the glue didn't last in AZ's heat.

GM should contact me at lewis0803@hotmail.com to make this right. I've driven many GM vehicles prior to this car. I bought this Impala with 30 miles and took very good care of it. Since GM took so much of my tax money, they need to make it right!

Loovvee this car!
By krisevans

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

so comfortable; interior is nice; great for road trips! Seats are tall and cause blind spot but you get used to that; sun visors too short-hard to get used to that. Tire Monitor warning has come on since I got this car-off show-room floor and no dealer or mechanic has been able to fix. And it sucks down the oil - but warning light is reliable when it gets 1 quart low. Drives great in bad weather as well. In good weather will give you whip-lash in a second. LOVE this car!

seats are comfortable; stylish exterior; speed

please do something about the tire monitors & the oil guzzling

Love My Car
By brianm20nascar

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

First up. I'm a mechanic and I've been reading the reviews on here. I love it when people complain about having to do a repair or 2 to their car, then mention it has 96,000 miles on it. This review is also probably coming from the guy who doesn't believe in regular maintenance of a vehicle and spends as little money on it as possible. My 2006 Impala 3.9 LT3 has 26,000 miles on it, and Its one of the better cars I've seen GM make. I have seen NO problems with my car personally. And I take very good care of my car. All options work as expected. and I can start my car from 200 ft away in the house with the remote. Awesome for cold days. 31 mpg at 70 mph on trip to Tennessee. Great Car.

Remote Start, Heated Seats, Spoiler, 17" Wheels, Sunroof, Mp3 Player, 242hp!

GM has already come out with an updated Intermediate shaft for the steering column to replace the faulty one from the factory. Expect a class action Lawsuit to cover the repair bill. Its a problem on many of them. Also feel sorry for the people with the SS model. That juicy 5.3 303 hp engine is a bit heavy for the poorly designed front GM Wheel bearings. Expect to replace them at 100k if not slightly before. Wish my grey leather was a bit darker. I'm scared it will show its age too much.

Don't buy an Impala!
By NeverbyeaChevy

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. Nonstop problems I don't care if it has warranty or not. Major electrical problems, rear defroster does not work. Have to unplug the radio fuse and plug it back in to have it work. Lights dim while driving. Power Steering problems, heat problems front suspension problems. Even the gas cap does not work. I will never buy another GM product and tell everyone I can about it!

Nothing