Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Very Disappointed in the Fuel Mileage
By Joyce

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Suburbans and still have two of them. The choice to go to a car for fuel mileage brought me to the Impala. It was still a good sized car that was suppose to get 27 mpg and had pretty good safety rating. The mileage has been a huge disappointment. I tell everyone that asks that Chevy states they have all these cars that get 30 mpg but don't believe it. Our local dealer first blamed by tire pressure (it was 1 lb low). Then all they can say is the test were done in a wind tunnel and not in real conditions. I have wrote Chevy and no response. That's customer service. Not sure I will every by Chevy again.

Heated leather seats.

Why would you only have trunk access from the inside and the remote? What happens if the battery is dead? Only the front drivers door can be opened with a key. In our area we get ice and may need other options.

Nice car with a few quirks
By Johnny

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love remote start. Engine performance fine (acceleration at all speeds). Mileage decent (wish it were a little better). Handles pretty good. Stay away from the cloth interior. Dash makes some kind of noise (rubbing of some sorts). Seems to happen on bumpy roads. Trunk space nice

Remote start. Position of radio and cruise controls on steering wheel

Better dash design. Stay away from light color cloth interior

Performance and value
By JohansenRJ

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great value and comfortable car. Smooth and powerful. Great exhaust note too. Not a soulless Japanese import, this vehicle has character. Can't get the V8 performance, OnStar, or fun factor on a Camry or Accord. The downside is the fuel economy (the ratings are a joke, 16 city, 24 highway is more realistic)

XM, Onstar with hands free calling, giant trunk

Larger outside rear view mirrors, more reliable tire pressure system.

Black Beauty
By jdcogmon

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive, large enough to transport 6 people, very quiet for its strength, and comes with onboard keyless remote entry programming built in. I find that when people are not letting others in on the freeway I get in smoothly because the car is full size and the delivery of strength and speed can be accessed easily. Only drawback is gas mileage. The car tells you how many miles you can go before the gas station and when it is best to change the oil.

Onboard keyless remote entry programming built in. Pass III passive theft deterant that also allows you to program the key onboard so that you are not burned by the dealership. Since it is a Chevy I am hoping that the parts for repair wont be outrages if that day comes.

The rear signals should have a distinguishing amber colored light for changing lanes. I find that many people simply think I'm braking when I change lanes instead of signaling to change lanes. More standard amenities for the base LS model. IE My car doesn't start by remote, nor have fog lamps.

Just as good as the imports
By Brian

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Got my 3.9 Impala in July and have had nothing but rave compliments about the interior. My best friend has a 2006 Camry and tells me every time he's in my ride that I have a better looking interior. I love that next gen 3.9L and think if it isn't the best six out there it ranks in the top five. If they slap in that new 6 speed this would be a perfect drive train matching anything foriegn or domestic.

Remote start, I pod input, class leading interior, 3.9L next Gen. Flip and fold seats, driver information panel.

6 speed tranny, adjustable pedals, bluetooth, better side mirrors, longer remote start distance would be nice.