Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great car
By mopardave

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 260 000 km on the car. The car still runs great. The low oil pressure warning came on, mine was easy fix, changed the switch ($37) and thermostat (run hot, ac off warning) replaced. I hope to get to 400000km. Everything still works well and it drives like the day I bought it.

Get what you paid for...
By ferdinand1201

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '06 Impala last month after a week I noticed a leak under engine. I sent it back to auto dealer I bought the car, they replaced the oil gasket. The leak disappeared, cold days just around the corner I switched heater dial and a loud ticking noice annoys me which last for a minute or so. Besides any reviews I read here no problem with tranny or engine KNOCK ON WOOD! But, I love it for now... we'll see.

Quiet on road/21 mpg/sleek look for the price

2006 Impala LS 236,000 miles
By truexemplar

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a new 2006 Impala LS with front bench seat and are very pleased with it.
We have 236,000 miles (all highway) and looking to move it out but have not found anything I like. It is still my new car.
I have only had 3 repairs including a water pump the most expensive.
My oil change mechanic says take it on trips and I do.
I really can't believe how dependable the car has been.
We averaged 27.7 mph overall.
Going on 630 mile round trip this weekend.
Should I go to 250,000 miles?

Front Bench Seat

More comfortable seats. Keep the front bench seat. A lot of people do not like the bucket seat cock pit environment. Too constricting.

1001.1
By dwilcox

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i wrote a reveiw back in 2010,the car had 93,000 miles, it now has 194,000 miles,still runs good,uses a little oil,have'nt changed the brakes or the spark plugs yet. did have to replace the passenger side wheel bearing hub assy. and the water pump and the tie rod ends . i did all of this myself. i need the driver door window regulator replaced.once i awhile the low oil pressure light comes on at start up,i just shut off the motor and re-start and it does'nt come back on. the a/c vent door clicks too but goes away.otherwise it runs good and i average 25 miles to the gallon. and i own it now . feels good.2016-car still runs good- replaced both front window regulators, brakes still haven't been changed,nor has the transaxle fluid, I now have 267,000 miles on the car, a/c vent doors still click ,but it goes away after a minute or two. the windshield washer pump quit working. it uses about a quart of oil every month and half. I keep the engine oil and filter changed regularly. hopefully I can get a few more years out of it.

06 Chevy Impala LTZ Rocks
By philz94tt

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This Impala LTZ is a very solid vehicle with only a couple issues. It will need a water pump and thermostat at about 8 years into service. There was also a recall on the power steering hose that was handled very well by the local dealer in the 2011 to 2012 time frame, 3.9 liter with 240 HP is responsive.
The gas mileage is very good, ride comfort is great, no noises in my vehicle, interior is good for top of the line, the top of dash does seem a bit cheap and needs a good amount of detailing to look good, the sun will hammer that spot and the leather seat areas close to the windows need to be treated with leather conditioner. Bose sound system is very good.

3.9 Liter V6 is good power option. Bose sound system