Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

stuck with an impala
By stuck with an impals

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Dodge caravan for an 05 impala. This is the most uncomfortable car. The cushion pad on right of seat is higher than left, making me sit crooked. If I scoot to left to even out, steering wheel and pedals too far to right, hurting my hip and leg. If legs are comfy to pedals, arms are stretched to wheel, and vice versa. Have to choose sore legs or arms. I cannot find a comfy position for driving this car. I have tried to trade this in for anything at several dealers, but they cant do it. My hip and legs are so so sore when I get out of this car from driving. Am I stuck with a car I hate driving. I want my van back.

absolutely none

If they are all made this way, they need to align steering wheel and pedals to the driver seat. Also need adjustment for either steering wheel or pedals to come forward or back for ease on arms or legs

LOVE IT! 112k miles & still going strong
By JamieinIA

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Impala in 2005 when it was less than 1 year old. 5 years later and over 100k miles later it's still a phenomenal vehicle. It is comfortable and roomy. The ride is smooth and engine has a lot of get-up! The stereo is great. Most importantly, it has been a wonderful, reliable family car. We have had zero (non- normal) repairs. Despite the fact that I personally like the look of some of the Nissan and Toyota's more I'm pretty certain my next car will be another Chevrolet (Malibu).

RELIABLE, comfortable, roomy, quick acceleration, stereo

Front dash is kind of "masculine" in my opinion, better gas mileage but I think the newer Impala's do.

No More For Me
By Tired of it

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted an Impala and now I don't. It handles great but the transmission likes to slip a lot. The starter sticks for a few seconds after it has already been started. Have to jump the battery every 4-6 weeks because it likes to randomly die. Alternator shop said it is not the alternator, most likely an electrical short. I have never replaced anything electrical on it so I myself didn't short it out. Engine is sluggish. Also the heater doesn't work half the time. Black trim on outside is already faded. Otherwise the rest is fine but as much trouble as I have had, I will never buy one again.

Great sounding factory stereo, plenty of room and trunk space.

Fix problems with the starters, heater, transmission, paint/trim paint. Since I don't know why it has an electrical short, I don't know if I should blame that on Chevy or previous owner.

We Love This Car!
By Stan

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for about a year now and it has been great! The only thing I have had to replace is rear brakes and the front rotors probably need replacing or at least to be turned down - minor for a vehicle approaching 100,000 miles. The 3.4L provides more than adequate performance and exceptional gas mileage. I actually do get 24-32mpg. This car is extremely smooth, roomy, fun to drive, comfortable for someone who is 5'1" and the stereo is the best! It makes me wonder why the Consumer Review mags refuse to acknowledge a quality American-made vehicle - consumer rating for the Impala have always been above "editors" reviews. For some reason, they would rather promote Toyota, Honda, etc.

Style, comfort, roominess, stereo, performance, reliability.

Improved front rotors.

Transmission/Shaft Problem
By Kee-Ki

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Beware! I bought my car back in October 2004 brand new. I have replace steering shaft, all radiator components, brakes, and now my transmission is bad. This car was well kept up, when I fix one thing something else breaks down

song display