Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

great value
By mudshark78s

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

just purchased this car in february for $7000.00, with 85,000 miles,owned the 3.8 SC in a 96 riviera and new the lighter Impala would fly and have not been dissapointed. came with a few mods,3.4 pulley ,cooler plugs and 180 degree thermostat. did have rusted out oil pan, jb welded it , new one came with purchase ,warmer weather job.definitely aren't many of these available and would recommend one .

SC 3.8 engine , gauge package,comfortable heated seats, sun roof,

rear wheel drive

$$$$ BIG TIME LEMON $$$$
By angeleyes8523

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a nightmare since I bought it. The transmission slipped the first day I had it. I had a to replace the converter, thermostat (5 times), had the entire system flushed over 50 times, and the blower motor resistor 2 times, not including the water pump, and O2 sensor. It is pretty bad that the car is constantly overheating, with no heat in the car. When the blower motor resistor goes you have to disconnect the battery because their is no other way to turn off the fan. It will continue to blow even if the key is out. It will not stop even after hours.

I honestly do not have a favorite feature in this car because I have been putting a ton of money into the constant problems that this car has been having.

I will never buy another Chevy as long as long as I live! Honestly it is the worst car ever and they should get rid of them all!

Comfort and Reliability!
By hotshorts

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is honestly the best vehicle I have ever owned.
I purchased it in mid-2009 with 52,000 miles on it and it now has 95,000 miles.
The only problem I have had thus far was with the instrument panel, but that was fixed under warranty.
It has been 100% reliable, always starts, always runs well.
I have run full synthetic oil in it since day 1.
I have taken this car on several long trips and it is super comfy and has gotten 31 mpg driving at 75 mph.
The power is substantial, but I will opt for the 3.8 next time around.

Overall this car is hard to beat.
Power, comfort, reliability, and great gas mileage for a huge car! A+

Awesome gas mileage! Built in amplifier makes the system rock right out of the box!

Hmm. I would say I'm totally satisfied with this car and the only thing I would change would be to increase the resell value because this car is worth it's weight in gold!

i just love my impala
By barbara

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well i purchased my impala a few months ago and i have to tell you l just enjoy it so much. i love the body style and everything. i really think it's a nice car.

driving experience

none

2005 Chevy Impala SS
By Rome

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I just purchased my 2005 Chevy Impala SS. I've only had it a short time and really love it. I'm an enthusiast and this car meets most of my high standards. It has plenty of room for my 2 kids, huge truck, and it's a great car for a 45 year old dad. I bought it with 31,000 miles and have to say this Impala is of few that are truly worthy of the legendary SS badge dating back 50 years. if you find one of these with low miles, grab it, they are now hard to find and will be future collections. Bravo GM you did this one right.

Handling, Performance, Creature comforts. Love On Star.

Improve fuel mileage. Buyer beware this car does not meet up to today's standards as far as efficiency. 16 mpg is the best I can do with combined driving.