Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

The best car I have ever owned so far,
By marqukitea

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Impala, 2011, Its a good car But the gas miles suck, Its a good family car cause I have 3kids, The car was 10,000 But it had low miles to that why I got it. Im almost done payin for it Only owe abot 32hun So thats good I would buy another Impala, But now im lookin for an Truck by GM, So I have my eye on an Chevy Treverse, Good luck to me.

I love the color,

A place tp hook up an Ipod.

My best car yet...
By templetonpeck

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '05 Impala in January of 2006, it was used with 17k miles.
As of now, it has 198k miles.
Sad to say, those miles are starting to show.
There's a lot of 'nickle and dime' stuff going out (windows roll down, but not up, gauges get stuck, and other things), but she's been a good car for 6+ years and 175k miles.
It's time to hand it off to the kids for their school car.

If you're looking for a status symbol, the Impala isn't it.
If you're looking for a good solid car that will get you to point A to point B, it gets the job done.

What can I say? It's a base Impala... I guess the sunroof was really nice on those cool summer nights. Oh, and I loved the exterior styling. Sharp looking car, according to my taste. I think the newer models took a big turn towards plain (although the 2013's are stepping up the style a bit).

Waste of Money
By kgates75

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007. It was 2005 and had 14k what a deal I thought. At 50k I had to replace the motor. It had an issue that the dealer stated *Never happens* now at 115k the car needs a new transmission and will not pass emissions. I still owe a years payments on this car. I contacted GM, they apparently do not care that they make crap! Every year I owned this pile I have dumped too much money into it. Engine, suspension, exhaust, tie rod ends, not to mention the regular maintenance. If I could go back I would have bought the Dodge instead. Never will I waste money on a GM vehicle.

None. The radio does not work without the XM service, no rear defrost, heat and air work when they want. Premium rims are a joke have to pay to have them cleaned every year. Rusts easy, poor paint, interior could be better, and the carpet in the truck fell apart.

Use the money you make off of these cars to actually produces a quality vehicle. There are too many improvement suggestions to even fit on here. One improvement- If you look at a Chevy Impala and think *Hey that look like a nice car* Please just keep walking. Save your money.

Dependable for seven years
By kiminoz

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2007 with 30,000 lease miles on it. Didn't fall in love with it right away, but with low miles, V6, and low pricing ($13,999) too good to pass up. Two weeks ago, at 167,000 mi., I totaled it. Most reliable car I ever owned. It did dent easy and speedometer reliability was getting to be spotty, but this was "Old Trusty" for at least 120,000 miles. Great for carting around big teenagers. Would buy another low mileage Impala in a heartbeat.

Roomy comfort. Great for commuting and long trips. V6. Huge trunk!

Bad bad car
By kmfresh

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Impala is the most worthless hunk of metal I have ever owned.
05 seems like a bad year for most every car company, but this one is just horrible.
It dies at random, the transmission is terrible, it dents SO easily and the AC/Heat AND the fans go out constantly, and those are expensive fixes.
I want rid of this headache and I'll never own another older impala again.

Overall quality