Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

A Great American Vehicle
By jgrein

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Impala. I have driven to Lincoln, NE and back and got 31.6666 miles to the gallon. It's very reliable. I do wish it had cushier seats, but, other than that, I really do love it. Thanks Chevrolet, for making a great car.

The dependability of the car. The cost of upkeep on the car is pretty minimal. I love the front wheel drive.

More stylish. I do think Chevy's are on the bland side of style. They don't make you drool and need to have one.

This is a great car.
By mesanders

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned GM since I started driving. My last car was a 1991 Chevy Lumina Euro 2 Dr with a 3.1. Had to retire her after 290000 miles. Other than normal maintenance, oil change every 3 months, trans oil every 24 months with filter, the car still runs great and the new owner still gets 24 mpg with a heavy foot sometimes, just broke 300000 miles. This 05 Impala is a great car 28 mpg average 3.8 k motor 4spd OD trans LS option. Can't ask for more at this price. GM Certified Used Car, 5 year 10000 mile powetrain coverage from the original in service date with 12 months new car warranty coverage from the date of the used car purchase. I am looking towards another 300,000 miles.

Leather interior, XM radio , OnStar, dual zone climate control . sunroof. Heated front seats, driver and passenger power 6 way. Rear leather fold down seats with access to trunk space. Steering wheel audio controls & cruise. Engine oil life monitor.

The only problem so far is the brakes. They supposedly have a problem with out of round rotors both front and rear. Unfortunately made in China.

Not Chevy!
By Mo

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After years of terrible experiences with Ford I was on my way to Chevy. I have always liked the look of Chevy it says sexy. My Chevy is anything but. I have a gas smell that comes through the vents that I have to roll down all windows to breathe for the first 5-8 minutes after cranking which after a year has still not been fixed due to the mechanics being unable to pinpoint the source. Runs sluggish I mean no take off except for this major lurch which scares me that I will one day run into someone. the CD player is worthless. I mean if I switch lanes it scratches and skips and the ride is rough. I am so disappointed. The good news is I will be trading it in soon for a Chevy truck.

Honestly none.

Change the motor but keep the fuel economy. Give it some power. And what ever brand of stereo that is recall every single one and burn them, then reinstall a CD player with quality that can actually be enjoyed. Don't forget to get rid of those crappy tires.

Love of my life
By Rowen D.

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 48000 on it, has been a dream ever since. I was in a serious head on collision, 79.4% damaged. Neither I nor my passengers were injured but my insurance on the other hand was in the ICU. I had the car repaired simply because I love it too much. Couldnt be happier.

Nice pick-up, fun to peel out in. Cop car look-alike so other vehicles yeild. Looks even more beautiful with tints. Large trunk, even more interior space.

Cheap "leather" interior, dash difficult to remove

Sad, Disappointed, and Frustrated
By Teri

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I needed a roomier vehicle, which it is compared to the Saturn I had. I'm sad and disappointed because I have had this car back to the shop 4 times due to a gas smell and jerky, sluggish motor on acceleration. Many things have been repaired but the jerky, sluggish motor is still there. I'm frustrated because I love the look of the Impala's (always have) and I had a Lumina for 4 years that gave me absolutely no problems, loved that car! The Impala just doesn't compare and hasn't been what I expected. GM certainly has gone down in quality!

Roomy indeed, love the dual climate control and all the extra buttons on the car. If it doesn't completely leave me stranded somewhere before I trade it in, I guess I will like it more.

Motor