Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Impala
By Phil

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had purchased new in 2004, On the most part I like my Impala. Drives on the highway very well. The interior could be better designed IE:parts used fill cheap, Cup holders are on the arm rest in between driver and front passenger placing a cup of coffee is very awkward, Interior lighting is not placed to help you see, Map lights are built into the mirror and you have to lean forward to see the map. The radio has problems with the reception, I am told it is because of the back window defroster. The suspension could have been better designed We are on our third set of tires, Second set of rotors front and back, Replaced the heater blower, Alignment each time the tires were changed.

Looks of cars exterior, Drives well on highways, Has good gas mileage for a car this size.

Use better quality parts, Most of my issues with this care are because of the poor quality of the vehicle.

Piece of junk!!
By HORRIBLE CAR!!

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my impala from carmax, 2004 3.4L 6cyl, it had 7000 miles when i bought it, it was a good car up to about 50,000 mile, that's when all the problems started.. ive replaced the radiator, and a water pump do to the car starting to over heat outa nowhere, 2 batteries. just recently it wouldn't start anymore, had to get a complete tune up, replace the catalytic converter, plugs, wires, coils, a total of $1500 in repairs. And now its starting to over heat again!!.. DO NOT BUT THIS CAR!!!!

Comfortable, good gas mileage

EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD!!!!

Your Basic Car
By Jon

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Chevrolet Impala in 2008. I was reluctant to buy it because of the intake gasket problems on the 3.4 litre V6 engines GM made. So far I haven't had any problems with it. What I love about this car is its simplicity, and comfort. It has responsive acceleration, and the controls are simple and easy to use. The steering is tight, and the car overall is solid. I bought it with 57000 miles on it. I now have 98000 miles on it. I have been impressed so far.

Acceleration,simple to use controls. The seating is comfortable, and it is a real pleasure to drive. The gas mileage on an average is 33 hi-way, and 26 city. Awesome for a V6..

Nothing to speak of

Chevy Needs to Prove they Build Quality
By Jennsavage

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased this car about 4 years ago. It had about 35k on it and I purchased an extended warranty for another 35k. I have a black one and the paint job is really cheap looking. IF you have tinted windows, you can't get good reception from the AM radio. After owning the vehicle 1 year we had to replace the radiator, fortunately it was covered under the warranty I had purchased, otherwise that would have cost an about $1500.00 to fix. I can hear a clunk in the steering column, which might be a lose linkage somewhere, but disconcerting. The vehicle and plummeted in value since I purchased it.

Leather seats, get up and go with the supercharger

Better quality, better paint, a radio that works with tinted windows.

Great Car
By Don

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We loved the car overall until the last year. It was a lease car. Most of the time when we got the car up to 50mph the car began to shake and lunge and lurch like it was hurting for gas. We took the car into several car dealers to fix it and they thought we were crazy. We did find one dealer that could see it, but was never able to get it to do it at the right time for the computer to tell there what to fix. Well, after the lease we were sad to give it up, but some poor person probably has it now.

the power

dealers need to start listening the the owners that are driving the car on a regular basis to fix problems.