Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 283 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Love love love my Chevy Impala
By julie

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Chevy Impala SS new and I love it. I did have some problems right after I bought it with something in the steering column which I must admit was very frustrating but this car has started every day for the last 6 years without fail. It has definite power when called upon. This car is a great car and I plan on driving it for many years to come!

the super charger. the roominess, the truck space is unbelievable. the heated seats are so nice.

Love it
By love my Impala

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have 116,000.00 miles on my Impala, bought it new. Other than normal wear and tear, I have had no issues. I am actually considering buying another one for my next vehicle. I love it!

looks, comfort

2004 Impala
By Paula K

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many different vehicles over the years, but my 2004 Impala that I own now has been wonderful. It had 51K miles on when I bought it, but it has been completely dependable. Living in Minnesota with the sometimes extreme weather conditions, it has always started on the first try and gotten me thru to where ever I was going no matter what the road conditions. I have driven it to Florida 4 times and the gas mileage averaged out at 39mpg on the open road! I have had to replace the water pump, tires, a gasket, and the dash computer chip; but I love this car. I hope to have many more years with my Impala! I know I can depend on it.

The information system, easy access to the fuses, stereo system, spacious and comfortable interior, and the spacious trunk area

None--I love the car as it is. Maybe the problems others have is not so much the car as it is the way they handle and care for it. Like anything, take care of it and treat it right and it will last and perform for a long time.

Impala
By Phil

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had purchased new in 2004, On the most part I like my Impala. Drives on the highway very well. The interior could be better designed IE:parts used fill cheap, Cup holders are on the arm rest in between driver and front passenger placing a cup of coffee is very awkward, Interior lighting is not placed to help you see, Map lights are built into the mirror and you have to lean forward to see the map. The radio has problems with the reception, I am told it is because of the back window defroster. The suspension could have been better designed We are on our third set of tires, Second set of rotors front and back, Replaced the heater blower, Alignment each time the tires were changed.

Looks of cars exterior, Drives well on highways, Has good gas mileage for a car this size.

Use better quality parts, Most of my issues with this care are because of the poor quality of the vehicle.

Piece of junk!!
By HORRIBLE CAR!!

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my impala from carmax, 2004 3.4L 6cyl, it had 7000 miles when i bought it, it was a good car up to about 50,000 mile, that's when all the problems started.. ive replaced the radiator, and a water pump do to the car starting to over heat outa nowhere, 2 batteries. just recently it wouldn't start anymore, had to get a complete tune up, replace the catalytic converter, plugs, wires, coils, a total of $1500 in repairs. And now its starting to over heat again!!.. DO NOT BUT THIS CAR!!!!

Comfortable, good gas mileage

EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD!!!!