Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2004 Impala
By Greg

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Impala with 75K. A base base model but it has ABS and traction control. I get 26-27 mpg (80% hwy; 20% city). It's roomy, the trunk is enormous, it rides nice and hasn't given me any trouble in the 10 months and 19k miles I have owned and driven it. It will not raise your pulse with excitement, but it is a dependable driver with plenty of room and great mpg for its size. I have achieved over 30 mpg highway over a tankful of gas in the summer with the a/c on.

Room and MPG

It's hard to beat an old Chevy
By Impala Guy

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have a 2004 Impala that my wife bought new. It is a 3.4, but is loaded with the Sport Appearance Package, Sunroof, Aluminum Wheels, etc. We're up to 94,000 miles. All we've ever fixed was the water pump, replace the battery, and tires. Otherwise, it has been dead reliable, and serves us very well. It looks as good as it did the day we bought it inside and out. We just bought a new Impala to replace it, but the old one was so good, we decided to keep it as a second car.

Reliability, durability, looks, radio, dual climate control, lots of features like compass, thermometer, and fuel mileage calculator.

I think they really did a good job with this car.

Impala Review
By Sw

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new with on 26 miles on. I had all maintenance performed at the dealership & still do. At 70, 000 miles the vehicle started experiencing problems with the ABS & Traction Control while turning or slowing down at low speed. Also the instrument cluster stopped working i.e. speedometer, thermostat gauge, engine Rpm monitor. I had the thermostat replaced under warranty. GM should invest in better parts for a more reliable vehicle. Other than that I travel daily through 3 cities & the veh gets good mileage on the hwy.I would purchase another one only if GM modified their parts! This is the 2nd GM veh I have owned both brought new with the same problems, no more!

Leather seats, Bose System

Improve the electrical system & ABS

Great Car
By JFO5

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. Purchased car w/ 30K on it. 276,000 miles and It is still serving me very well. I use Mobile 1 Ext ser oil & a Wix filter & Mobile 1 trans fluid. Chg the coolant apx every 50- 70K & it just keeps running. Avg hwy mpg dropped to 28.5 so I changed the plugs (iridium) & wires ( Borg Warner Select) & I'm back to 34 + Chg the oil & rotate tires every 10K. Use quality parts & regular service intervals.

Good stock stereo - plenty of room inside & in the trunk. I keep it loaded. Large ext mirrors.

Can't really think of any. I am very satisfied.

Good Car
By Kevin

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought with 34K miles and now have 156K. I have replaced wheel bearings at 90K and brakes a few times. Issues I am having now is traction control light on, ABS, Check engine. The security light comes on when I try to start it and it won't let me start for 10-15 minutes. It has never left me stranded and gets 30 mpg. Driver seat has no lumbar support. Heating element in driver seat went out at 55K.

gas mileage and engine is reliable

better seats