Used 2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Tranny done
By Lindsay

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Impala in 2006 with 48k miles. In 2007 I began driving 120 miles a day for work and now it has plenty of highway miles. I've replaced my struts, my driver side mirror is wobbly, replaced my headlights due to moisture in the lamps, the seal on the door leaks in the lightest of rain, I have recently found that my tranny is going out at 135k miles. Very disappointed. Thought I could drive this well into the 160k mile range. It's a Chevy for crying out loud! My husband is trying to talk me into another Impala, I read the reviews- I may being turning to Toyota....but not a Ford at least.

Good gas mileage. Like the back seat that folds down- very handy for hauling large items.

Headlights, door seals, radio controls, there is a pretty signifigant blind spot on the driver's side too.

Too Many Problems, Too Soon
By BigEl

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Let's see. I bought this car at 35K, 2 years later I have 66K. I have had to change the cat converter, the entire rear brake system and now at only 66K, I am being told that I have to have my transmission rebuilt. It's making this big noise as if I'm driving a truck. And to top it off, the amp or the radio went so I have no music. also, my power window switch needs replacing. Shouldn't have these problems with a car that is 6 years old with me being the 3rd driver of this vehicle since manufactured; and the 2nd guy only had it for a year. No more American cars for me. Too busy skimping on quality parts to make us spend more money instead of making a long-lasting, reliable vehicle.

CD/tape deck, sound quality of radio, roomy interior, huge trunk, glass antenna, function controls through the radio(lights, oil monitor, tire pressure monitor, etc.)

Stop using cheap parts for these cars and use quality parts that will last. No good having style and beauty when the car has a short life span.

02 Chevy
By Karen

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new and was very reliable until I hit around 40k. Now it stalls out every other day and I have had to fix the engine almost three times. All kinds of creaks and rattles that are very annoying while driving in the car.

Good Commuter Car
By BC

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used in 2004 with 26K on it. Now close to 70K. Great highway gas mileage. No real problems other than transmission sensor went out. Original tiger paws still on. Great car!

Smooth ride, get up, even with multiple adults in car. Huge trunk. Decent sound from radio, plus tape deck works great with iPod converter tape.

Kind of wobbly when slowing down. No other complaints.

It works for me & my jobs
By Cedric

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about a year now with next to no problems. I was just use to driving SUV's until I tried sedans especially in the winter and it is great. In my line of work this car can really get up to speed when needed. The only problem was with the dash board instrumentation.

The style.