Used 2002 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great Value So Far
By aarondl

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car almost two years ago with 82k miles on it. Now we are at 100k and not had any serious problems with it. We had to have work done on front brakes soon after we bought it (probably previous owners fault) and then cat conv went down which was expensive. CEL still on because of O2 sensor or something - we don't notice any problems. Car is super comfortable and large inside and in the trunk. We love the exterior design. Engine has been reliable and has great balance of performance and mileage. Great car for trips. Ride is smooth, comfortable, and sturdy.

Room, comfort, stereo, design, reliability.

Lose the wood trim on the interior and fix the cat converter problem, I'm not the only one.

Disappointed
By PS

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had to make a fast purchase after our van was totaled. The car felt solid, tranny, engine, and suspension. Bought it with 110K now 8 months later has 118k, so far have replaced windshield (all pitted), battery, intake gasket. Headlight switch is bad (lights go out on whim, brights won't stay on), engine light is on, drivers window is stuck open, all door gaskets are torn when bought it. Hub cap paint is peeling off. So disappointing. Never have we put so much into a vehicle. I thought I'd like a new Impala for my next vehicle, but not now anymore.

Love the body style, rides just beautiful, has a good, solid feel to drive. Gets 30 mpg hwy.

Stop using cheap parts! Chevy should stand for quality. I don't think I want another Chevy. This is so sad.

One Owner
By boom

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

28 to 30 mpg to work and home regularly. 31 mpg highway. No major problems since purchased at 12 miles now has 90,000 miles.

Little maintenance required. Great mpg for vehicle class.

Repairs required in 90000 miles: window regulators, fuel regulator. The cassette tape player is broken.

My new Ol' Reliable
By Vetmom

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a demo model. I am the original owner and have had all the recommended maintenance done on it. This car still gets me 27MPG around town and almost 30 MPG on the interstate. I am 5'10" and I can set the driver seat where I want it, sit in the back seat and still have plenty of room.

Mileage, reliability, interior room, huge trunk

Put to rest
By PK in CA

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the LS new. After 140,000 the cat converter died. There were mechanical problems that seemed more frequent then I would have hoped. Good overall considering all the stop & go of Los Angeles. Brakes and tires performed well. Replaced battery after 5 years, spark plug wires needed replacing. No transmission problems, no electric motor problems.

Mileage, considering car size. Trunk space, awesome. Power when full of passengers. Sound system. Visor extension

Allow lights to be completely turned off.