Used 2000 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

My Impala
By amber0ne

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

When I bought the car it had a lot of highway miles on it and needed a little work, but it's a great car and I'm not worried about getting stranded somewhere.

I love the size and comfort of the Impala. It also has a good sound system.

Better torque

Grandma Car or Sports car
By Andrew

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Impala a few months ago I got a lot of heat about buying a grandma car but when my friends drove it with the 200hp v6 0-60 in under 9 sec. they decided its a nice grandma car. I drive 180 miles per day, and get over 27 mpg cruising at 75mph. When I get out I am not stiff at all. Probably the most comfortable car I've driven. I am 6'4" and have plenty of leg room. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable, roomy car that performs well.

My favorite features are the aluminum rims, 27mpg at 200hp, lots of leg room, and a big back seat.

I guess there is always room for more horsepower and more speed, but thats the case with any car.

Honestly enjoy it!
By Heather

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Bought our Impala (base model) after I was hit and my 1992 Pontiac Bonneville was totaled. Ride is wonderful. Plenty of room for our family of 5 and can seat 6. I have had toruble with my turning signals ot working properly. We've had the multi-function switch replaced twice and it's now acting up again. Oddly enough, I can some times get the signal to work if I put hazard lights on while the switch is in place for turning. Playing around with it usually can get the signal going again. I wish we had bought the LS model. Our daughter is soon to be driving and she has picked out a 2000 Impala in the LS model. The ride is that good that she passed up the little Mitsubishi Eclipse! Impressive.

The smooth ride and the room. Handles like a dream in the snow.

I think ABS should be standard on all models. Mine does not have it and it has almost caused me some trouble a couple of times.

Good, reliable sedan
By jonny p

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Good sedan, bought it used in 2003 put on maybe 70,000 miles since. No mechanical problems, good interior ergonomics, very happy with the purchase.

Good torque, good ergonomics, I like the exterior styling.

Interior needs work.

Good Reliable Car
By rns

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since late 1999 and the car has lived up to my needs. It has been reliable and without any mechanical difficulties, with only routine maintenance and normally replaced items like the tires and battery. The mileage is down from new when I got 20/29, now I get 17/28, not bad for a car with 80k miles.

Ride and Steering wheel features.

Needs outside mirrors that collapse.