Used 2000 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

We've Gone a Long Way
By RC

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Our 2000 Chevrolet Impala sedan police package served us well just over 201,000 miles. During its time a repair here and there for us began around the 160,000 mile mark. It still has a smooth ride with the original shocks and struts. Received many compliments about the exterior's solid look from people, and they being surprised when asked about the mileage. A one of a kind look and dependable!

2000 Chevrolet Impala. Best Car I ever owned!!
By Jeanette Gerhart

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 2000 Chevrolet Impala new on Fourth of July, 2000! I drive hard & fast & put miles on my cars. Drove out to Las Vegas a few years ago, fabulously comfortable ride!! So much space inside of car, and huge trunk for bringing back souveniers. Springtime - huge trunk will hold @12-15 bags of mulch!!

2002, 2004 Impala LS's, husband, wife cars
By Dale Riggenbach

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Dreadful Edmonds? How untrue, I traded my wife's 2004 for a 2010 Ford Taurus SEL, what a Mistake!!!!!-lasted 10 months traded it. No driver legroom, blind spots, Too Big console, bad ergonomics!!! As for the Impala's, 2004 only normal maintenance: Oil changes, tranny fluid at 55K, tires, traded it at 65K miles. 2002 Impala, oil changes, tranny fluid x 2, lubed intermediate shaft-steering, computer for car, tune ups, tires sold at 138k for neighbors daughter. I found with regular maintenance, normal driving these cars last a long time. Solid car with an excellent engine, 3800, good ride, quiet depending on tires, solid performer, and very good on gas. Gas mileage, 18-20 city, 28-30 highway. Traded the lousy Ford for a 2011Buick Lucerne CXL, replaced 2002 with a 2014 Chevy Impala. I normally don't comment on forums, but looking for my daughter a car found a 2000 Impala LS, checked Edmunds for their review, and had to say something. In conclusion, I certainly don't agree with Edmonds on this one!!!

UNSTOPABLE!!!!
By joey47

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

bought my 2000 impala ls 3.8 with 75,000, car now has 243,000 i did not expect to still be driving it daily today with virtually no problems. rear strut plates at 210,000 one front wheel baring 175,000, most cars are in the junkyard by now!! HAHA!!!unlike some people i drive the car with the respect of knowing the more its beat on the more its worked on!!! so for oil changes cheep ass oil changed every 3k or so. never touched the trans fluid, last tires got 101,000 out of BUT rotated every 3k or so, goodyear viva 2. i have towed a 3500 lb boat (not very far) class 2 hitch, but very steep hill for short time. and not leaving 1st or 2nd gear, and not hitting the gas like an idiot!!!!

most people have been through 3-4 cars in the miles i have put on my impala. and most of them probable dont understand the more you beat on the car the more you work on it.

maby a 300,000 mile club!!

Only 17
By 3800beast

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Impala from my fathers friend last summer after I received my permit. He was selling this car for $1,500 and i talked him down to $300 in the end. The car had a blown intake manifold (Of course) but that's why it was so cheap. I fixed the problem for only a $75. The car runs great and just added K&N CAI on it and these engines LOVE air. The car has 2 new front quarter panels, needs new resonator and manifold (Has exhaust leak), and resonantly the power steering pump is squealing. I'm only 17 but once i get the money to fix it all she will be great. The car is in 100% great condition and looks new. Illegally I took it down my street, it burns tires real good. Has originally 195k.

The heated leather, Optional taillight cover, dual zone air, 3800 Series II motor, gauges, rear seat drop down arm rest, Styling, Trunk size, Rims.

Upper intake manifold, exhaust, transmission, A/C, needs switch to turn off interior lights.