Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Awesome car!!!!!
By Lori

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in April of '09 and was just recently in an accident last week. The safety of this car is AWESOME!!! My 15 yr old daughter was with me and was saved from severe injury by the passenger side airbags and the strength of the frame. I was hit on the passenger side. I am waiting to hear from the insurance company to ti find out if I can get into another one!!

The whole car!!!!!

none at the moment.

I Love my HHR!
By jaj

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2009 HHR to replace my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. I love it! It's comfortable, peppy,fuel-efficient, fun to drive, and handles well.

I love the spacious cargo room in the back and the retro 1940s exterior.

A slightly larger rear view window would improve rear-view visibility, although the big side mirrors make up for the smallish rear window.

Fun, Fun, Fun!
By Shortiemetoo

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car is just plain fun! Love how it looks, great feature with the DIC, mileage is better than advertised and it looks good. I got it in black, having never owned a Chevy or a black car and do NOT regret the purchase. I am only 5'1" and my daughter is 4'11" and we can see well, gives the feel of being up high!

Looks, versatility of the cargo area, stereo and DIC.

I knew about it ahead of time, but what is with those cupholders? Also wish there was a a console in the center of the two front seats. (Which could also serve as armrests.

Happy in Ohio
By preacher

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Wow! What a nice set of wheels. I purchased this 2009 HHR in Dec. and have 1000 miles on it. I have the H.O 2.4 which has a lot of guts. With the LT2 package, it is loaded. The only thing that is missing is a telescoping steering wheel. I absolutely love it. It's like riding on a rail. Love the electronic power steering. Upscale feeling all the way. Bright red and chrome wheels makes this 65 yr. old feel a bit younger. Lot's of room for the grandkids and their stuff. GM has a winner in the HHR and so do I.

Leather seats, power everything,XM radio. On star(lowers insurance costs) and is a great safety feature. Lot's of power and smooth tranny.

Telescoping steering wheel and coin holder.

Squeaking Brakes
By Donna Miller

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since we've bought our HHR, the brakes squeak when applied to slow down, very annoying, the car had 29000 miles on it when purchased. I've read other complaints of the brake system and it needs to be dealt with. From bad rotors to brake pads, says GM uses less than adequate parts. What is the deal?