Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Don't Buy From Hare Chevrolet Indiana
By rustychevy

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2008 HHR that has rust at the bottom of the doors. The dealership Hare Chevrolet refuses to do anything about it and accused me of wrongdoing on my part. Like the car but, don't like the dealership. Again the dealership is Hare Chevrolet Noblesville, Indiana

Style, Fuel Economy

Fix the doors so they don't rust. Look it up on the HHR Forums.

Bad Brakes
By Bobnur

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, fun to drive, bad rotors, it is like the last four cobolts I have owned, brakes vibrate due to rotors, they said don't use them going down hill ?

Looks and lots of room inside

Cruise control switch mounted, or recessed, too easy to bump on, much better quality brakes

Zippy
By 4Ransom

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my HHR LT in August of 2010. When I saw it on the lot I didn't give it a 2nd look, but after test driving it, it was a fun car to drive. I've had it about a month and have found it to be a roomy, zippy, fun car to drive. I never would've seen myself in an HHR, but I really like it.

Roominess...sporty...great stereo/speaker system

Interior has way too much plastic

Nice Car, really!! 2.4 auto flexfuel
By Dean

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a rental car with 8200 miles. Fuel mileage is not terrific (18-21 on E85)(45 with my vw bug diesel), but well built, and handles well with proper tire inflation. Light switch has odd quirk (goes off when bright to dim and dim to bright for split second). Torque steer when accelerating is startling (hang on). I like the storage in the middle of the dash, but not a whole lot of storage around the driver is available. The small windshield takes a little getting used to. I wish the adjustment on the steering wheel was greater.This car would be great with a dash like a Peterbilt (straight dash with lots of gauges). Long trips are very nice, however more cupholders would be nice.

Flex fuel. (I felt smart during gulf BP crisis. Well built. No rattles. Styling. It's a small station wagon (which I love) Steering is great, weighed steering, handles well when pushed. With the back seat folded down, there is room for my four dogs. I like the drivers seat for longer trips.

Better fuel economy, A second cigarette lighter, bumpers seem cheap and flimsy. Different headlight switch with no absence of light for split second. Middle console. Carpeted section in the back with the seats folded down (my dogs skittered around before I installed carpeting). no telescoping.

Love it!
By Marilyn

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new HHR! I've had it a month, put 1000 highway miles on it and I couldn't ask for better performance. It's zippy, economical, comfortable and roomy! Thanks, Chevy for a great little car!