Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

BRAKES
By crybabby

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got it and the brakes squeak. It seems like it may be a problem. I am not the only one with it. And it's funny it happened after i bought it, not on the test drive. Didn't like the car when saw it, but after driving it and getting used to all the blind spots I fell in love. If you are going to get on the hwy. Turn ac off, You will get more power pick up. Oh yeah, cup holders, what were they thinking.

Gas mileage, safety, I feel safe in this car when i have kids in it. That is a plus. And my warranty. But that doesn't include brakes. Bummer

Fix brake problem. It would be nice if you had a recall on them. I will save my receipt. just in case.

Fun to drive, it's a gas
By Linda

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We couldn't be happier with our HHR. Great fun to drive and it looks wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone. It's the perfect "dog" car. One of our friends told us that and he was right. We have 2 rescued greyhounds and it is perfect for them. They have plenty of room with the back seats down. We did not have to give up the fuel economy for the extra room we needed. It is a perfect fit for us!

Looks great, drives great!

Would not change a thing.

Don't Buy From Hare Chevrolet Indiana
By rustychevy

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2008 HHR that has rust at the bottom of the doors. The dealership Hare Chevrolet refuses to do anything about it and accused me of wrongdoing on my part. Like the car but, don't like the dealership. Again the dealership is Hare Chevrolet Noblesville, Indiana

Style, Fuel Economy

Fix the doors so they don't rust. Look it up on the HHR Forums.

Bad Brakes
By Bobnur

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, fun to drive, bad rotors, it is like the last four cobolts I have owned, brakes vibrate due to rotors, they said don't use them going down hill ?

Looks and lots of room inside

Cruise control switch mounted, or recessed, too easy to bump on, much better quality brakes

Zippy
By 4Ransom

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my HHR LT in August of 2010. When I saw it on the lot I didn't give it a 2nd look, but after test driving it, it was a fun car to drive. I've had it about a month and have found it to be a roomy, zippy, fun car to drive. I never would've seen myself in an HHR, but I really like it.

Roominess...sporty...great stereo/speaker system

Interior has way too much plastic