Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

No more American cars
By Wish I skipped this

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At first the car was great! Then both remotes died the first year-2x! The brakes are terrible! THEIR brochure for scheduled maintenance says they 'visually inspect' them. What good is that if I need new brakes? I can't get new (better) ones without nullifying the warranty. So I'm stuck with theirs. When the rotors get wet and I brake, the entire front panel shakes. I've already repaired it 2x (warranty) and it has occurred again. I don't live in the desert so why have a design that warps when wet? I had a Saturn SL1 from 1995-2001 which sat lower than this car and never had this problem. This is my LAST American car. Saturn shouldn't be the GM branch closing!! And hubcaps? SERIOUSLY!?!

400-425mi per tank; excellent acceleration on highway; GREAT sound system; auto body is beautiful

Fix warping DEFECT - makes the car feel like a toy; lose hubcaps on EVERY model; use quality brake pads that can actually be replaced when NEEDED without waiting until rotors will be damaged AND without being cost prohibitive. A 5 person car needs 5 cup holders. Raise radio/window controls - SAFETY

Gotta love this car!!
By LB

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All I can say is "Man is this car fun to drive!" And I'm just finishing up about 10 years of driving a BMW 5 series and X-5. The torque and acceleration are just awesome in this car, and I don't even have the Stage 1 Kit installed yet. Even though I have an AT rather than Manual, it is still fast and still fun. I've only had it for a couple of weeks, so I'm sure the glamor will wear off, but for right now, this car is a blast to drive. I can't speak for the other versions, but the SS is the way to go if you are into performance as well as looks.

The turbo is great, and I love the little boost meter on the left side. The gas mileage is much better than my x-5. And although the back area is pretty small, I can still fit my golf clubs back there, which is all that matters.

Having some tint on the driver and passenger windows. Deeper cup holders. Homelink garage door opener in the visor. The Stage 1 kit as an option. Painted break calipers. Headrest DVD system.

No Customer Service here!
By Tracy Tharp

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My HHR has had wind noise and water leak issues from the first month I have had it. Who wants to pay thousands of dollars over many years for a new car that has been a lemon from the start. It is now leaking for the fourth time and really (?!), wouldn't you think that Chevy would step up and not make me fight for what is right? But they are not! I am going to have to contact a lawyer! That's not customer service!

There is absolutely no feature worth mentioning!

Make a quality car that doesn't leak and is sealed properly!

little white ice cream truck
By SikesPros

2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

drives excellent,tires keep going low,nice quiet smooth ride...easy handling..nice stock stereo,cmfo seats,adjustable armrest.

stereo ,dash styling,adjustable seats,,onstar...auto design...YOU GO GM !!!

Darker tint in panel models,for security reasons.Rear upper bumper guards. Total vehicle lift,panel model...more cupholders in front and rear...maybe push popouts.more opening range for all panel models DOORS.

Fun Fun Fun
By nick6222

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR with 34000 miles on it the only problem i have had is the a/c it makes a funny noise when on but other than that it is great.

keyless entry, cargo room, and remote start!

More cupholders and move the location of the power window switches.