Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Wonderful Car
By Joel

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car, pretty happy with it so far. In my opinion its a nice car for the money and gets very good gas mileage. Nice and roomy for small family of 4. I disliked it at first thinking it was going to be like a PT Cruiser and I was wrong and sold when I test drove it. It was exactly what I was looking for. So I suggest if you're thinking about looking for a roomy family vehicle that you can haul stuff if you want then this is the perfect car for you.

My favorite ride
By Connie

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wow! I bought my HHR almost 1 year ago and I still love it. It is the first vehicle I have owned that did not have new car bugs or problems. I have not had to take it back to the dealer even once since I bought it. I bought the Victory Red version, and the paint still glistens. The interior is holding up very well. The features are amazing for the price range. Gas mileage is excellent. Power to go is there. Handling is good except behind a 18 wheeler on the interstate then you get buffeted around a bit. I would (and have) recommend this vehicle to my friends.

Remote start is #1 espcially in cold weather. XM radio and OnStar. Cargo room

Put the window controls back on the doors

Fun car
By Darkboi13

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my HHR for over a year and still love it like the day I bought it. It's reliable, great gas mileage, and it's fun to drive. I like the cargo net option and the fold down seats. I've packed a lot of my belongings with the back seats down. The optional ipod jack is great as well for long drives.

Fold down seats, tinted windows, fun to drive

The cupholders are under the armrests when in use? Annoying

HHR LT
By papple

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the HHR for 2 months now and like it so far. I was in the market for a car with good MPGs and had the versatility of an SUV. While it is not near the size of the Tahoe, it has similar functionality with the back seats and front passenger seat folded down. Ideal for trips to Home Depot and such. Averaging 26 to 28 MPGs with the auto trans, but will say I'm not a lead foot. I drive 28 miles to work with a fairly even mix of city and hwy driving. The driver's seat is surprisingly comfortable with the power lumbar. I haven't had a 4 cyl in 15 years, but it hasn't been a painful adjustment. Overall, I am very satisfied with the HHR. It meets my needs for good MPGs and versatility.

Again, MPGs and versatility. I don't have to hesitate and wonder how I will get something from Home Depot back to the house (for example, an 8 foot long - 2 x 4 will fit with ease). Scrolling through the dash display that tracks tripometer, MPGs, tire pressure, etc. Retro styling.

Lack of front storage space. There is a dash storage compartment but is not very deep. Odd placement for with power window switches. But prior to purchase I was aware of these 2 issues, so I can't complain. I wish I had the upgraded to a vehicle with radio controls on the steering wheel.

2LT 2.4 Fully Loaded
By MAP Science

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great car with a few minor problems. At 14,000 miles it would make a pop sound when speeding up and slowing down. Sounded like slack between two parts in the power train somewhere. Dealer could find no problem? Now with 20,000 on it the pop is louder. The front passenger hub assembly is being replaced. The steering has begun to clunk when turning the wheel and the intermediate steering shaft has been replaced. Sunroof glass is on order to be replaced. When opening the sunroof it drags the underside of the roof and makes cut marks in the glass.

OnStar, XM, 2.4, 5 speed manual. Heated leather seats, ipod plug, sunroof, fuel mileage, roof rails, fun to drive!

Window button locations. I have to lean forward to see the traffic lights. The cup holders in between the seat are useless. Can’t put a large cup down there and shift nor can they hold anything like keys, change, or a cell phone with the sides cut out. When you turn a corner under the seat they go.