Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Fun to drive and good gas mileage
By Marty

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car that had good gas mileage, was sporty-looking and had a lot of interior room. I have dogs and with the back seats folded down, there is plenty of room for dogs or cargo. The seats are very comfortable compared to some of the other smaller vehicles I have driven. The HHR is perfect for what I wanted in a car.

This car has a lot of "pick-up" for a 4 cylinder vehicle. I was pleasantly surprised, especially with automatic transmission.

The cup holders between the front seats are not placed well -- it is easy to spill a drink. There also is a rather large blind spot area in the windshield -- especially the passenger side.

sweeeet ss
By elcaminoman

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Our first new car was a great choice. Has been fun to own. Rides smooth and quiet. The blue splash is flashy. Sporty yet large enough for cargo. Maneuvers easy. We have 10,000. Miles on it and are very satisfied.

Favorite features are the sportiness. The handling is exceptional. The ss has some real take-off!

Not much to improve. Husband said mudflaps with ss or bowtie, we will get on our own soon. The ss is pricier but is well worth it.

Fun Car
By Reb

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Chevy I ever bought new and I am quite happy with it. It is fun to drive, great looks and flexible. I got it with the running boards and roof rack it finishes of the car. The ride is much better then I anticipated.

Look Flexible and gas miles.

More storage room up front.

My Favorite Ride!
By Lippy

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Actually fell for this car first time I saw it. Been waiting a few years for GM to work out the bugs in it. I love it, and is just fun to drive. Gas mileage great, and enjoy driving the 5-speed manual for a change. Love the retro body style!

Love the shape, handling, and also the placement of the window openers! Gas mileage great, and also feel I received a really good price on the vehicle for what I got. Also like the OnStar feature.

Not sure, but I know GM will come up with something!

You get what you pay for
By Murgatriyd

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Serves its purpose for my wife's business. Very good cargo room with the seats folded down. Decent interior room. We looked at everything in that class that was under 20 thousand and this seemed like the best.

The cargo room. Seems like it's built solidly. The highway mileage is very good. Just got back from a trip and averaged 29 on the highway.

Improve the steering. Move the window controls. Put a center console in. Improve the seats, not very comfortable and also seem too high. Rear hatch does not go high enough for anyone over 5'10".