Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Love my HHR
By Love my HHR

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR over 1 year and have put about 30,000 miles on it. I have been averaging about 33 mpg that is city/highway combined. When I first saw it I really wasn't that excited about the looks of it. But I decided to take it for a test drive because of the sticker price. Once I did that was all it took. It was so much fun to drive I am a very large person and fit in that vehicle comfortably.

I love the dark tinted windows. I love the fact that I can choice to make a back cover to hide presents or whatever under it. The seats folding flat in back are wonderful! The MPG and info center are great!

Change the locks on the doors so that your arms can be on it without them jamming into them. And more cup holders in a different place.

I love it.
By JME

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I get 29 mpg. I do a lot of highway driving and when the windows are closed it seems like its sound proof. I could use a little more light, being that the windows are tinted and small it doesn't flood the vehicle with light. The one thing I do hate is that the cup holders are between the seats and the power window buttons are next to the shifter on the floor. I have actually been thinking about an upgrade to a 08.

Style, room, jack for ipod or mp3, seat comfort, gas mileage, information panel

Move the window switches and cup holders make the back window wiper bigger to cover more of the window, and make it so it can open out for easy window cleaning like the front ones.

Good overall
By Nemesis

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a fleet vehicle for the company I work for. I have put on about 50k miles on it in the first year so far and have had no problems at all mechanicaly. The engine is suprisingly quick for a 4 cyl. My only complaint is the seats. They stain way too easy. I spilled a bottle of water and it left a stain. I have the gray interior. I would reccomend black or get leather. All other features about inside are great.

Lousy material for gray cloth seats, stain too easy

Nice for road trips
By spoonified

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Over all not too bad of a vehicle. It would be nice to be driving something where I was not surrounded by plastic when I was inside. I usually get much better then the rated gas mileage, around 38 mpg highway if I watch my speed.

Upright seating position makes it really easy on my bad knees. My last car, a Toyota Corolla, was hard on them and I was only able to drive for about 60 miles at a time. This HHR I am able to make it over 500 miles without my knees aching.

Place the window controls in a more common location. I wonder if the Saab engineers over at GM helped design this vehicle.

Fun little monster
By murdog

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR for my wife in 2007 for a nice car to drive back and fourth to work. Mileage has been solidly in the upper 20s with mixed city HWY. When we are on the open highway I have gotten as good as 33 but stick around 31 most of the time. The car is solid it is just a base but the auto start was a deal setter for my wife. Great little car. But just a few weeks ago i got a safety recall on the little beast. Come on GM get your heads in the game. This final recall is the last nail in the coffin for my GM purchasing days. I just bought a Ford fusion for myself. And my wife pretty much stole it from me. Looks like GM just can't seem to build something with out needing to recall it.

Auto start. Gas milage on the highway. Ability to haul anything that an SUV can with twice the mileage.

ABS avail on the lower models. Nicer rims std not hub caps. More gears in the tranny. Less plastic more soft touch materials. Better city mileage.