Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

A mileage wonder
By Michael Davis

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been a mileage surprise. EPA estimates of 30 are often exceeded on longer trips. A recent 400-mile, one-way trip got 31 mpg with several in town stops, while the return, mostly non-stop trip logged 34.5 on the onboard computer, but 39 mpg when actually running the numbers on the calculator! This was at 59-60 mph for most of the way. This replace a 1994 S-10 Blazer that only did 24 mpg on its best days. I wish professional reviewers would quit putting so much emphasis on a vehicle's ability to rocket off the line. Except for race car drivers, we are not buying cars to win drag races. The HHR has plenty of power to accelerate from stop lights and to merge onto freeways.

Handling. Small size makes it easy to park and maneuver in small places, yet it has a lot of hauling capacity, especially with the rear seats folded flat.

The driver's power seat really should have more ability to go down. That would help visibility when using the visors.

Love my HHR
By Nina

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned mine for about a month now. I love it. I did read the reviews prior to purchase so some small things I agree with. The door locks, why are they so tall. Makes hard to have your arm on door. Also interior easily staining is so true. I mean water on seats stained and that is so odd to me. I was frustrated as my car didn't come with trunk mat. I did shop around. The dealear wanted $104. for the rubber mat. I actually found a lot of them on ebay for $49. So check that out if you need one. Other than that all is great. I dont see any issues. Everyone loves it and my kids finally have room to relax. Great car don't hesitate.

My favorites are gas mileage. I like how smooth car rides. I love the color, I got the gold. I like the fact that windows where already tinted. Super affordable for the used one I got. Glad I got this car and not PT cruiser. I see those every few blocks. I rarely see HHR and I like that.

Cup holders arent in best spot. I don't like door locks. I think they could do better on wheels.

Almost a year and 17000 miles
By Happy HHR owner

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Car has proven to be very reliable. I have total confidence in the ecotec motor and GM transmission. Car is well built and everything fits, no rattles. You cannot hear or feel the motor inside the car. Car is quiet at speed and at idle. Handling is pretty good. I love the cargo utility & the fold down seats, I use it quite often. Very little maintenance is required. I had a few small problems with brake drums and vibration when I first got vehicle. Dealer fixed it all promptly and professionally. This is the first ever GM product I purchased new! I have no regrets, satisfied with my choice and recommend the HHR highly if you are looking for a small, efficient, family utility vehicle

Remote start, leather seats, sunroof, radio with MP-3 playing ability and MP3 input jack, steering wheel controls, exterior and interior design, chrome wheels, highway mileage, interior space, driving position, turning radius, ecotec motor - with decent power, reliability, fold down seats.

Better city gas mileage, rear disc brakes not drums, move power window switches to door, improved interior lighting up front for map reading. The lights under the rear view mirror are weak and puny. Thicker paint, it chips easily. Build car in USA not Mexico, Yes I am willing to pay more for this

Don't buy an HHR
By tamie

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My HHR has been in the shop 13 times in past year. I would be driving down the road and it wold just shut off. Burning smell, all kinds of electrical problems. Before 7K miles it had to have new bearings. It was in the process of Lemon Law and 1 week shy of owning it a year caught on fire while I was driving and burnt to the ground. I was lucky my children weren't with me. Gas mileage started out good almost 30 on the hwy and then went to no better than 21. Bought it for gas mileage and safety..I guess they failed on both......

I can't say at this point that I have any.

Spend your money on something else.

Gas guzzler it's not
By Brian Lewis

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR for over a year now and the odometer is telling me that I am using 6.9 liters of fuel for 100 kilometers. That equates to 41 MPG city and highway combined. Wow. More than expected. I get people asking me all the time about the color. Golden Teal Metallic. GM only made this colour for the 2007 model year.

Fold down flat seats really work for me. This car would be an inexpensive work truck because it can hold 8 foot chunks of lumber no problem. And lots of tools. You can't do that in a standard 4x4 truck because the box isn't big enough. The lumber hangs out the back of the truck.

None.