2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: Why doesn't anyone know what i

2006 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

LT Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Why doesn't anyone know what is wrong with my car
By allij0812 on

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a used 2006 Chevrolet HHR in 2013. I have not experienced trouble at all until a couple of days ago. I was on the highway coming home from work and my odometers started jumping, then the warning light that display read "power steering". My steering was ok. My car was "jerking" real bad as I was slowing down and changing gears, each time I would press the gas the car would jerk. Got it home then had my neighbor drive it she is a certified mechanic. No problems during that trip. The next morning I drove it to do some errands no problems until I was almost home same issue just the odometer was not jumping and no "power steering" displayed. no one can figure out this issue, anyone ??

Spacious

Recall for the power steering problems that are obviously happening frequently !!!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By trigmj
on 01/06/14 18:32 PM (PST)

Had something similar. Speedometer kept jumping around. It ended up being the Speed Output Sensor that is on top of the transmission.

By deanlee
on 02/11/14 10:26 AM (PST)

Your BCM - body control module - is bad. I had the exact same thing happen and even got it on video. Easy fix and no problems since.