Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 390 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Ok but a few problems
By OUIMET

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage and interior space in the back, but a few problems. Seats are kind of narrow, no front storage, not the best in snow/ice being it is so light. Dash compartment broke, interior mirror falls off, and my radio comes on all by itself, you can hear the springs clunk in the winter; dealer says nothing they can do about either the radio or clunking. Other than that, great space in the back, great gas mileage, full body galvanized steel so won't rust, and have had no problems passing when I need to. Both my big dogs fit in this small car where they would not in others. You get what you pay for.

Gas mileage, fold down seats and interior room in the back, radio.

Spend a little more on interior plastic, and a little more room for the driver.

Great Little Car!
By Eric

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, first off, this is a car. It's a cheap car. It's not going to be perfect. Most cars aren't, especially ones this cheap. Now, for the price, I feel that it's great! I've loved these cars since they came out, and wanted one since. Beings that I was only 16 at the time, I couldn't afford one. Anyways, the only issues I've had were the front end clunking (sway bar links, struts, and steering column replaced under warranty to fix it) and the sunroof and headliner rattle quite a bit. Crank the radio (on the Pioneer that I have and love!) and you wont notice it! Even took the car on a road trip to Florida from Michigan this spring, and it was fantastic with 3 people and luggage all over

Style, color (orange), all the room, GREAT gas mileage! Sunroof is fun to have! The 2.2 isn't fast, but it does have some "oomph" to it when need be.

Better brakes. Mine have warped the rotors twice, and this is common. Also better front end parts so they don't clunk, and better interior components that don't rattle so much, and maybe less cheap plastic? But again, what do you expect for the price? Seats that wont stain would be nice...

General
By crack07

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't drive the car a lot. I'm a Farmer and drive my truck more. Had a large issue with leaving it outside a few time in heavy rain and it flooded the floor boards, I mean water standing. Took it to the dealer they say its fixed but it's been in the garage for all heavy rains since. Only have 39,000 on it now. But it gets good mpg and you don't lay down to drive it like most cars. Other than the water issue I have had only on issue they replaced the radio but all seems good now just wish I would have got the 100,000 pwr train warranty I got on my 07 silverado but that came free on it.

mpg upright driving position.

add center storage compartment and fix the water issues I'm not convinced are fixed yet. and its out of warranty now

Junk!
By kyle

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car recently and its a hunk of junk. I need a new engine already it cracked for some reason. That's gm for ya. This car is a headache. Don't buy this car. And the sunroof is very noisy and it leaks a lot to if there is a heavy rain. The plastic parts need to be better made to. When I walked out from the store to open my door the handle popped right off. So when I get in my car I have to go to the passengers door just to get in. I regret buying this car. What a waste of money.

NONE!

Push it into a lake.

Great car, annoying problems
By Cass

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used and it was in really good condition, It had 22k on it and now has 60k. We have experienced the rotor shudder but took it to a brake shop and had a successful resolution. Luckily we have not had the leak issue, but recently had the gear selector not engage properly to release the key which is now on acc until I can fix the problem. So we love the comfort, gas mileage, sporty handling and great acceleration. Cup holders inadequate for those of you who commute, the window buttons and blind spots took some getting used to but the annoying little problems that cost money that are totally unnecessary if GM could get their quality and design quirks worked out and dealers on board

A gas to drive, good acceleration, fantastic gas mileage, good comfort, a little cramped if over six ft, nice styling, not cookie cutter,

Quality control, Dealer issues, interior design and materials,