Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 390 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

COMFORTABLE UNIQUE VEHICLE
By Al Packard

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this HHR used with 16000 miles on it (46000 miles now). First the repairs - front stablizer bars, steering column, heater fan motor and front tie rod busings all under warranty. Front brake rotors and shoes on me. New tires. I love this car even with the repairs. If the repairs wern't under warranty I probably wouldn't love it as much. Very comfortable ride, handling for me is just fine (somewhat of an aggressive driver), love the design. This one is a 5 speed manual 2.2 liter engine and it's fun to drive. When I first saw the HHR I wanted one and not disappointed with my choice. Plenty of room for cargo and seating for 4. 3 in rear seat wouldn't be comfortable.

Smooth ride, 5 speed manual, look of the car, gas milage and comfort.

Not really much to improve based on the price of the vehicle. It's not a Lexus it's an HHR. If you want more you have to pay for more. Good value for the money.

Love my Hill-Billy Hot Rod
By kkingery76

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR for 1 1/2 now. Very dependable. Great gas mileage. I am just under 5' 3" so this car fits me perfectly. My boyfriend is 6' 2"- He is comfortable in the passenger seat but he does not like to drive it or ride in the backseat; due to the limited height of windshield and limited leg room. Perfect for an outdoor type family, of average height, with pets and a couple kids who live on a tight budget. Not as quiet and comfortable as my previous Lumina, but definitely low maintenance and dependable for a small family. It is fairly plain on the inside but classy on the outside. I test drove many small to mid-size SUVs prior to picking my HHR; they are not made for short people!

Low maintenance, great gas mileage, dependable, classic look.

It needs more leg room for people over average height. If they made it a little longer, without shortening the cargo area, it would be perfect for a family of mixed heights.

Small package with big storage
By AMAZED

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Drove one and fell in love with it I am 6 ft 4 in and play drums the drums etc fit perfect with room to spare 37.8 mpg at 70 mph I had a vibe and Honda fit and would take this over all of them

Mpg, ride, room dependable nice looking 2.4 has a surprising take off and speed don't let the engine size fool you go drive one

Cup holders

Great 4 the money
By Jay Agulia

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this wagon used with 38k traded a pt cruiser. Our 06'hhr lt2 2.4 L has plenty of go, has all options ht. Lthr., 6 in dash cd. Sat. Pioneer radio, onstar, frt.&rear air bags. Only missing running boards. Wish we had them, the paint@ the rear doors is coming off with out them. My wife is the primary driver she travels a lot with this wagon. Carries all her stuff and room for 3 more passengers. She's very happy. Goes through brakes. R&r frt. Links. Ghost problem with park switch, can't remove key. Suggest extended warranty, if buying used. We did has paid for it self. P. S. Electric power steering went too, also likes to go through tires too soon, must rotate often, about 10k. Now has just over 80k.

Wife loves the stereo and heated leather seats, plus the sun roof. Very good in winter no problems. Lots of space in back. A very practical car/wagon. Might just get another.

Fix the brake usage, the tire wear,the small pop up problems. Maybe the new ones are better?

Great ride
By hhr love it

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought it new 59 miles we drove it to Fla 5 times Texas 4 times it now has 129,000 miles not the first problem none change oil and tires and it gets 38 mpg it's a 5 speed manual shift we cruise 70-60 mpg on the interstate will buy another when it's time so far not the time

mpg room dependable