Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 390 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

HHR Heaven
By Rick

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven Chevrolet all my life but this is the first brand new Chevrolet I have bought, and I'm am very pleased. It is a very comfortable ride and looks awesome! I would recommend this car to anyone who likes Chevrolet. Gas mileage is excellent. Love everything about it. I tell everyone after 51 years I deserve a new car.

I dunno
By wabbit

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my HHR and feel good that I got a lot of bang for my buck! I spent a month deciding between HHR and Vibe (similar crossover vehicles) and option for option I got the HHR with remote start (which Vibe doesn't offer)for $2K less than the Vibe!

Remote start. Comfortable and supportive seating (I have a bad back - this was real important!)

Like everyone else, the small windows which makes it difficult to see lights and creates huge blind spots. The window buttons need to be on the doors and lastly the lock buttons are in a bad location if you want to "hang" your arm (elbow) out the windows.

HHR Hits
By Rhett

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical when I first saw the leak photos of the HHR. Unable to determine the dimension and target market, I wasn't sure what to think. As soon as I saw one on the road, I was sold. We needed a 4 cylinder and this one comes nicely wrapped in distinctive sheet metal. For a car with a base price in the mid-teens, this is got to be the best bang-for- buck set of wheels on the market. If GM detractors can get over the overcooked Luminas and Caviliers of recent past they'd find an excellent small car. Fit and finish are tight, great colors, amazing array of options. I bought the loaded 2LT for invoice and would do it again, and again. Too much fun for the economy of a four-banger!

Leather, XM, sunroof, running boards

Move parking brake lever, possibly to floor pedal or left hand lever near door sill. Revise center console, add cup holder for back seat and allow rear seats to recline ala CR-V.

HHR is fun and economical
By Todd McGonagle

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car I have ever had and I'm glad I bought one. It has plenty of space inside. It has a fun retro classic look. It gets all the mileage it claims to get, and even more if you drive slower than 65 on level ground. The automatic transmission is responsive and the little 4 banger is plenty of power for this car. If the engine were bigger it obviously wouldn't get that all important 30 MPG! For an inexpensive vehicle, I can't say enough positive things about it. I highly recommend the HHR if you like the utility of wagons, coupled with a car based body style. I hope Chevrolet will offer a 2 door panel delivery version of this car in the future.

Without a doubt the onboard mileage computer is the single greatest feature of the mechanical systems. It is interesting to watch what saves you fuel and what driving behaviors cost you the most. I also like the jack on the radio where you can plug in another media device. Retro styling! A+

I would offer a deluxe interior. The hard plastic dash and door panels could use some softening with a vinyl coating of some kind. I would also offer a current MPG as well as the trip MPG function on the drivers information center. Classic 50's paint colors like Cream with Dark Brown Metalic.

Nice Ride
By HHR Fan

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

From the first time I saw the HHR I wanted one. Now that we own one I love it. It's cute and it runs very well for what driving I do, shuttling kids and grocery shopping.

I love to retro feel of this car.