Used 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Diesel Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Equinox for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2000 miles later

Mike Coleman, 09/21/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

So, I wrote a review on this Equinox about 2 weeks after i owned it. Now, after a few road trips and a bit of long distance driving, I am ready to give a more in depth review. Firstly, The navigation interface is very frustrating. Very cluttered and most often in rural areas cannot find the address you are searching for. Luckily, Android auto with google maps makes it a mute matter. Secondly, My god those vented/heated seats are amazing! On a 4 hour drive to Vermont, they were very much the hero and highlight of the trip. Thirdly, that fuel mileage is awesome! over 530 miles to a tank. I was just laughing on the highway watching the remaining mileage go up and up as i drove on the highway. Just spectacular! Other highlights to be noted were the driving lights have great distance, the Bluetooth calling is crystal clear due to the 4 microphones, the bose audio makes great sound, and the layout of the car apps are a breeze. I do say that there is a bit of road noise (those are the tires,not the cars fault), the auto engine stop is annoying at times in city driving (put it into L6 to bypass this issue) and the lane assist isn't as aggressive as i was told it would be. But hey, those are not deal breakers. All in all I am loving this SUV. The handling is mint, the diesel noise is almost non existent, and the interior is very comfy. If you want a long distance family cruiser...this is your rig. **Note: I also have the "3" as the first digit in my VIN so that might be why mine is a great runner.

2018 Chevy Equinox Diesel

TJ13, 09/06/2018
LT 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I went from driving a 2014 Chevy Sonci RS Hatchback to a 2018 Chevy Equinox Diesel. I decided on diesel due to the MPG, and the amount of driving I do daily. This car has been great. I am getting 40+ combined MPG. I have put 8000 miles on this car in 4 months. My only complaint is that it never ReGened. I got an error message the my engine power has been reduced ( can't go above 20 MPH) and then the check engine light came on with the message that it was trying to ReGen. Vehicle cannot regen under 35 MPH. Car was continuously driven until the Regen message went away but engine power did not resume and check engine light was still on. Took car to dealership, again only 4 months old. They had to do a manual regen, change out the DEF fluid, and replace a sensor. Tried to tell me that I stopped in the middle of the regen hense messed it up. This is not true. The dealership also let it slip that while the car is regenning, you will get no notification. So how am I supposed to know to keep driving? I can't do something that i don't know if happening.

Really like this car

Hatcher, 07/23/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I liked our 2017 ford Escape SE with the 2.0 which had amazing power but this new Equinox gets way more compliments. People really like the interior with the two tone black and tan leather. The Diesel is a bit spendy and hard to find but on the way home from the the dealer we averaged 46 mpg on the highway which is kinda insane for a big comfortable all wheel drive cross over. We buy a new car every couple years both foreign and domestic cars at around the the mid 30’s price range and I have to say this has been one of my all time favorites. Great Car!! Update: We now have 23,000 trouble free miles on it after purchasing new. It has been a great car in the snow. It has gotten better fuel economy. On the highway we often get over 40 mpg with the diesel. We have gotten many compliments on it. I highly recommend the purchase of one.

Love the diesel

David, 01/16/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I wanted the economy of diesel and AWD so this vehicle fit my needs. Plenty of power and almost as quiet as my Mercedes diesel. I love all the great upgrades on the Premier edition.

Pretty darn impressed!!

Mike Coleman, 07/27/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First of all, I have only had it for a week so I cannot speak for longevity or reliability. Apart from that, first impressions are everything and I am very impressed. I have been a diesel lover since day one so this pick was a very attractive option. The 1.6L diesel is like most people said, not as "tire roasting" as the gasoline options but it will chirp the tires. I found it to feel like a rubberband that is thrusting you forward. Off the line its reserved until the turbo kicks in, then its quite fun. Its quiet and for the most part, sounds like a muffled diesel jetta. You wont notice any difference it so quiet. Handling is very impressive. Its tight and very responsive, more than my 1998 volvo s90 thats for sure. I like the road feel from the steering wheel. Its slight but not over powering and good for "sporty driving". Interior is very nice in the premier trim. The base model felt like a plastic box with hard bolstered seats and a fabric interior like a 90s Ford Taurus. The leather is soft, and the air conditioned seats are a gift from the gods. How isn't this a standard option on every car blows my mind. The legroom is great for tall people in all locations except if your a 2 year old. Then some how you have the longest legs in the world and kick mommys seat (get a seat protector). The infotainment system is great. Easy to use and easily configured. I love the layout for the driver display. Its simple and keeps all the clutter to a minimum. Features are great in the premier too. The wireless charging is nifty and the kick to open rear hatch is great if your a dad that has to grab all the groceries in one trip. Fuel economy is awesome for an AWD suv. I never take it out of awd because it gets 39.8 MPG with it on. Why bother with it? All in all....im very impressed and I will highly recommend one to anyone who wants AWD with good economy. Purchased in Canada (hence why the price is high)