The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox is a solid bet if you want a reasonably sized crossover SUV with plenty of backseat space. You can also upgrade to a powerful V6 engine, which is an unusual treat in this class. Let's see if this veteran player still has what it takes.
- Backseat has plenty of space and slides/reclines for added comfort
- Optional V6 engine provides ample power
- Interior stays quiet at speed
- Rides smoothly on rough roads.
- Four-cylinder version feels sluggish and real-world mpg falls short of EPA ratings
- Less cargo space than some rivals
- Interior materials quality leaves something to be desired
- Bluetooth audio isn't offered on L or LS.