2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: MPG

2012 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/2LT)

MPG
By impala0169 on

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just a not for some complaining about there MPG. Watch your driving habits.
I have corrected mine and it makes a difference. Stopping and starting at stop lights.
I watch mine and just got back from a 1000 mile trip.I wrote down my speeds and what the control said I was getting. On the interstate at 69mph I was getting 28.3mpg. On a stretch of road off the interstate where I drove at 58 and got 36.3. Both were flat roads and both were at no stopping for almost a hour on each road.
The entire trip gave me 29.3 mpg with 90 % of miles on hwy and the rest city.
Now you know you stop and go alot.Thats where you should study your habits.
I
have the same thing with the transmission jerky.

UPDATE 9-22-16
Watch the back hatch connection. Comes loose and you start to hear it rattle over bumps.
Shifting still is a bit rough/jerky/
Have 45000 miles. It was a nice on a 8000 west coast trip. Average MPG was 25.8. Handle the 9000 ft climb over mountain. Also hit 104 mph coming down.
Like others I noticed radio reception is not great. We get xm over the summer months for $25 which helps.
I thought Chevy hit a home run when I heard great things about it. Well I thought is was also great when I bought it. Now after 4 1/2 years its a double or a bit more.
Not sure I will buy another chevy. Might look at other brands next time.I was always a chevy owner from the day I started driving.
This is the 7th chevy bought brand new and to this day they have not been able to surpass the Cavalier. Owned 2 and still have on and its 16 years old and very little to fix on it. By far the best bang for the buck. To bad they stopped making them.

• Braking

• Shifting
  • Noise and vibration
  • Quality of materials
  • Cargo storage

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review