Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

no concern for safety from GM
By aaron69

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2012 Equinox in Feb. It has been in the shop three time. The first was a simple air bag sensor, the next one was the motor dumped oil all over my garage floor, and the last and most definetely the worst, a fitting on the gas line broke and sprayed gallons of gas all over the garage floor and driveway. The line runs close to the exhaust. Im really surprised that my house and family didnt burn up. Oh but they gave me an extended warranty to make it all better. If you would like pictures I would be glad to show you.

VERY SATISFIED,GET ONE
By jeepguyracing

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We got this vehicle just before taking our annual trip from pennsylvania to michigan and got about 35mpg most of the trip.going just a little over the posted speed and it would fall to 32mpg still very good milage for a 4 cylinder with 4 adults and 1 child and the back packed to the roof with suitcases.We drove just about everything forein and american made .I dont know what half these people are thinking,They get a 4 cylinder with 185 horse power in a mid size SUV and expect to get the gas milage of a chevette.I just chalk it up to most of you dont know how to drive anyway.And if you let your car sit and idle while it warms up your wasting gas and killing your average miles per gallon.

Rear camera for backing up,Has Great sounding stereo system,Look amazing outside,Runs great for a 4 cylinder, put the pedal down and it takes off.Inside you will melt rite into the seat.We drove just about everything out there and none were this comfortable.I am 6 foot tall and need the leg room and i fit comfortably without having to have the seat all the way back. the interior is great looking and well thought out all the controlls are rite where they need to be so you can just drive the vehicle.Has a ton of room in the back for lugage.you can see all around the vehicle while in the drivers seat.All in all very stylish and very driver friendly from back roads in mountains to highway use.

None needed!!!!

MPG ratings not accurate
By gk125963

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am finding the MPG ratings to be way off.
I have never even come close to the 33 MPG highway, and am averaging 21 MPG in combined city/highway driving.
My driving habits are such that I try to conserve gas, but it does not seem to make a difference.

Nice dashboard and interior. Sporty looking.

MPG needs to be revised.

Great vehicle so far
By mcclane

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our equinox new 4000 miles ago and it has been all we hoped it would be.
I read a lot of good reviews on it so we decided to take the plunge and buy one.
We wanted a bigger vehicle without giving up a lot of mpg.
We have the 4 cylinder LT model and average over 29 mpg.
The majority of our miles have been highway but on the highway we get between 30 and 31 mpg.
I'm 6'2" and it's comfortable to take on longer trips.
The moving backseat is also fantastic.
We have it up the majority of the time to add to the storage and all the way back when we have friends in the back.
They have more then enough room (as did I when I tried it out in the back once).
Overall, very happy.

High mpg and the adjustable backseat. The touch display is nice but not really a necessity. I've always had cars and this is my first crossover so being higher up is surprisingly comforting. You aren't going to win drag races with this thing but I feel comfortable getting onto the interstate.

No complaints right now. Been happy with everything so far.

Dissapointed!
By mrdubious1

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 7000 miles on my 2012 Equinox (6Cyl) and so far I am very dissapointed with it. The 6 speed transmission shifts unexpectedly while driving making the car feels as though it's stalling. Acceleration is jerky and at time 'flat' wont move when you need power. Power steering vibrates while parking and backing out of my garage as though your parking an 18 wheeler! and a pump noise coming from engine compartment on drivers side
that sounds like a playing card in a bicycle wheel spoke. I can't wait to get rid of this piece of crap!