Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great Car But Has Rough Idle at Times
By sos7

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got my 2012 Chevy Equinox back in April of 2012.
I love the car but at times the car has a rough idle, and is even worse with the "ECO" button on.
It doesn't get the gas mileage that GM has promised.

The heat and air condition is great, and the audio jack to in my car so I can listen to music on my iPhone is great!

Fix the idle!!

Great crossover
By flyboy48

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Things I love about our 2012 4 cly.Chevy AWD Equinox 2LT,Seating,backup camera,inside space, Leg room, Heated seats, Nav. and XM radio, with a Very nice Powerful sound system, goes Great in the deep snow, surprised me. Gas mileage is good for AWD, but wish I would have got the 6 Cyl. It's Not that much diff. in mileage and the Extra 100 HP would be nice at times, like getting on the interstate and you need to get up to 70 MPH fast to get With the flow, but oh well, Next time I will buy bigger Engine, unless they Turbo charge the 4 Cyl. Ride is very smooth and handles Great.

Guess I already said what I do like and not like about the Equinox. It's Alot of Bang for the buck. IMO, it beats out, Ford and Honda Hands down.

The only Improvement I would make would make the Nav. Screen not only work with .jpg files for pictures, but also have it work with DVD and a sep. LP plug for the passenger to listen to a movie. Yes, I know they they make a DVD player for the rear passengers, but who wants to watch it from back there if there are just two of you in the SUV.

2012 Eqinox Just OK
By grngob

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2012 Equinox - 4 cylinder/FWD -
since may of 2012.
I have never gotten more than 29.5 MPG highway, not close the 32 Chevy quotes.
(In fact, I got 22 MPG on one tank - some city miles spoem highway).
Very disappointing.
The FM radio has reception issues and fades in and out on occaision.
It is a nuisance more than anything.

The Equinox has a nice ride and fits what I bought the SUV for. It is a bit tight in the cargo area, but OK for me.

A 4 cylinder engine should get much better milage than even the 32 Checy claims the Equinox should get. Improved gas milage would be a huge plus for this vehicle.

dimming of interior lights
By dissapointed20

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I know I can not be the only Equinox owner with the crazy intermittent dimming of the interior lights..at times it is so dark you can't read the speedometer..I understand the concept of dimming lights but this goes beyond the normal. I have had the sencor replaced 3 times and told this is normal..has anyone else monitored their dash as carefully as I have..this can't be a normal occurance..and the snow senor pops up at 37 degrees no matter whether its in the garage or on the road..this dimming is a big issue. And the gas milage is over-rated- poor

The interior and radio system

Put electric back doors on all SUV- get gas performance more accurate

no concern for safety from GM
By aaron69

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2012 Equinox in Feb. It has been in the shop three time. The first was a simple air bag sensor, the next one was the motor dumped oil all over my garage floor, and the last and most definetely the worst, a fitting on the gas line broke and sprayed gallons of gas all over the garage floor and driveway. The line runs close to the exhaust. Im really surprised that my house and family didnt burn up. Oh but they gave me an extended warranty to make it all better. If you would like pictures I would be glad to show you.