Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Not what I expected!
By algoma

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Even the blind spot mirrors don't really help. The blind spots are still there, especially with the design in the back. If the back seat head rests aren't in your blind spots, then its the blindness from not being able to see out the rear windows. There is also a hesitation with the engine when driving down the road. I wish I had my the van I traded this in for. I have driven earlier models of the Equinox before, and the blindspots aren't an issue like they are with this model. Not happy with the gas mileage either. The interior isn't roomy when it comes the front seating area. If you drop something in between, you might as well forget about getting it back.

Eliminate the blind spots! Make it roomier in the front seating area or at least make the middle counsel removable.

Where do I start
By stmyers

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 LTZ equinox with 14k miles, I can not count the times I have had to take it in for problems. This past week, my check engine light came on. Dealer said it has to do with the air filter we put in (k&n) we replaced the filter back to the orig. one and the light came on again. Called a different dealer and they said they were too busy to get my car in for at least two days... Do I just drive the car around with the check engine light on? Then, Today, I went to use my remote start and the remote start is not working. For as much as they cost, you think GM would get it right the first or second time... I'm very disappointed with GM and more so with the dealership I purchased the car

Good Overall Value and Style
By wavesherwood

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great versatility. Beautiful vehicle in and out. Only problem we have had so far is the rough engine idle which dealer says is unduplicatable but they did update computer program. that helped some, but we are still experiencing some intermittent rough engine idle especially when sitting at stoplights. Blind spots and camera depth perception makes backing up tricky.

Rear back-up camera, stereo and blue tooth capabitilities, solid handling and the beautiful distinctive Crystal Tint Red exterior.

Improve back-up camera depth deception, blind spots and fine tune the engine idle problems. Also, a little wider track would lend greater handling response and turning stability. Go Chevy engineering!

FM reception is bad. Disappointing fuel economy.
By fattylumpkin

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The FM radio on this vehicle is terrible.
I took it into the shop 1 week after I purchased it brand new in June 2012.
I was told that the radio fading in an out was a known issue that would be resolved with an update to the radio within a couple of months.
A couple of months went by and the dealer told me that it was not available yet.
It has now been a year!!
Very disappointing that they can not get something as simple as a radio done right.

The fuel economy for me has maxed out at 25 MPG.
That was on a 200 mile trip with the cruise control set at 62 mph for the entire trip.
Around town, I get about 22 - 24 MPG.
Is there such a thing as false advertising when it comes to this?

The seats and ride are comfortable. It is very good for road trips.

Please fix the darn radio! I would like to use profanity in this section, but apparently that is not allowed.

Defroster Issue
By heinemann

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Defroster, heat blowing on the windshield on high heat (85 degrees), high fan, with the air conditioning button off, isn't sufficent to defrost windshield and melt freezing rain and snow on the upper half and the far left side of the windshield. Dealer says there's no problem. Been a GM buyer many times before but this is the last one even through I'll give up GM credit card $$.

I honestly can't say any.

Use Hyundai, Ford and others examples to design an exterior that's has more style, impression. Price is to high for what a buyer gets in design and features compared to others I looked at.