Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Wont be buying another Chevy product
By powerman6

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle seemed to be a promising vehicle with plenty of room and a good engine. That is until the first of many problems with the transmission. First the an engine maintenance light comes on and you can not drive over 30 mph. Luckly my wife was close to the dealership to take it in. 3 days later we get the car back, and 30 days later the same problem happens again. The dealership tells us its an unusual problem that has apparently happened to only 1 other owner in the United States. The problem is a switch in the transmission.
Driving it in snow or ice conditions are a safety hazzard. Its anti slip transmission cuts your power down so much Dumped this vehicle before it broke down again

Room

I would improve the drive train system. Definite safety issues with the transmission losing power during acceleration. Also the anti slip transmission feature needs total redesign. When there is slick conditions and that feature kicks in I can walk faster than the vehicle can move.

2011 Equinox Headache
By tony_deciantis

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Almost a year I have had my 2011 equinox and still nothings changed I really regret this vehicle this is the worst GM vehicle Ive ever had. Til this day the fuel ecomony sucks whats so go about this, my 2006 chevy uplander was a v6 and had better fuel economy. I got the equinox for the fuel consumption had I known all of this I would never of got this vehicle. Driving this vehicle is another story now it hesitates almost as if the vehicle was thinking what to do, also lack of power I did my recall nothings really changed. GM must do something about this it is their vehicle but they wont stand behind it Ive driving GM all my life and have been very proud but this might be my last.

Our 2nd Equinox. Great vehicle
By alititude2087

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2010 that had 67,000 trouble free miles for a loaded LTZ. I have the 2.4 and after 10k the fuel economy has improved from 23ish to about 28mpg highway. I drive 30,000 plus highway miles per year and find the Equinox to be one of the most solid highway performers in the compact suv market. I find it well built and stylish.

Interior, exterior, highway ride, quiet, value.

My last Equinox had the V6, i miss all the extra power it had over my 2011 4cyl. Visibility could be better.

MPG not expected
By heresmyopinion

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car thinking GM was building better more fuel efficient automobiles. Had the car for a year now and all I can say is I should have bought the subaru, it's a proven car where the Equinox hasn't proven anything yet. Love the design inside and out, quality is ok but for power and gas milage it's a HUGE dissapointment. With 21,000 miles we haven't seen better than 23mpg (thats all highway) and average around 21mpg. My wife test drove the car so I never felt the power until we brought it home, feels underpowered to say the least. And there's alot of rattling going on in the back. This car is however very quiet and comfortable, a fun little suv to drive. If ur buying for mpg, don't.

Design Comfort Handling

MPG Power Materials used Fit and Finish

Great Suv to Look At
By robgrv

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine had lots of power and ran well new till it got about 300 miles and then it started "fishing" GM's words. they replaced cam censors. Then it ran good for awhile and then started again. The more miles I put on it the worse it is getting. GM won't fix

Styling, comfort, handling.

Better engineering of engine.