Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Where do I go from here?
By meshellyvette

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am reading the many reviews about the 2011 Chevy Equinox and surprised on how many people are experiencing what I am. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and cannot get the problems fixed. I have brought it in four times for the same problems and each time the story is the same-they can't replicate the problems. It idles rough, runs rough has poor acceleration and hiccups when driving. The gas mileage is not good and every time I go to get the oil changed it is on the low side. I haven't experienced an actual full-on stalling but it sure feels like it is going to and some people have experienced that. I have felt nervous pulling out into traffic as of late worried it will stall. I am stuck

Roomy and attractive but not safe!

This car needs to be recalled it is unsafe and GM is aware of it! Does someone have to die before they realize it?

Good value for the money
By azdriver1946

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Equinox in Nov 2010. It now has over 35k miles on the odo. Only problems noted so far: needed to replace left rear turn sig light bulb, right rear speaker rattled. Gas milage (in Ariz at mostly 70 plus on highway): in town 22, on highway 29. Granted it's not the 32mpg noted by EPA, but it's fine for over 70mph. No rattles, drives mostly OK, but acceleration from start a bit lame at times. Glad I bought the car. No issues with blind spots.

Lots of room in back seat (adjustable front/rear), front seats comfortable, split folding back seat.

Move A/C vents further from steering wheel. Have totally flat rear seat when folded down (now a bit of an incline) for those long items.

2011 Equinox 6 cylnder
By vlies

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was very unhappy to bring my car in, it showed on the car computer that it back fired on all cylinders by they were not able to determine why. Why have the computer code if it doesn't tell you the reason. This is the second time this Equinox has been in for problems with similar issues in the last year, it only has 24,000 miles on it. If this coninues, it will likely be the last GM vehicle that I buy again, and it has 20 years since I purchased an american company car. It makes me sad to give up on the American Auto industry. They should have simply tried some things such as new spark plugs, fuel flush, retiminig the car, whatever. I felt that would have been at least some action. The prop

Yet another Problem
By chevystinks

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Equinox I bought brand new in 9/10 has now had 4 major repairs needed. While all covered underwarranty still not what I expected or paid for! Owned 4 GM vehicles before this but will never buy GM again! THeir response...3 free oil changes. Oil changes doesn't fix the inconvienence, danger to my son with car dying while i was driving, or my lack of confidence in a car I paid 20K for. Unaccactablw when you can find these are common issue with this year make and model.

Where is the fuel economy SUV?
By tlp1968

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Equinox very mildly used in 2012.
It has 20,000 miles on it and I think I see why someone traded it.
The best gas mileage I have ever had with the car in eco, out of eco, with a light foot, with a lead foot is 23 mpg.
My previous car was a Pontiac Montana which was getting almost identical mileage with a V6 and 3 more passenger seats.
I love the body style of this car and the blue tooth, XM and backup camera but I have taken it back to the dealer twice already.
Once for an air bag error and once for a check engine light.
I purchased the extra warranty and boy am I glad I did.
I sure would have looked at other brands had I known the gas mileage would be so bad.

Bluetooth, XM, power seat, back up camera, console space, attractive body style, and small car feel.

Fuel Economy, more space in front for female passenger items (namely my purse!), improve blind spot issues, and smoother ride (I know it is an SUV but really? It is not an off road vehicle it could be a bit smoother for passengers)