Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Pleased
By kaw2007

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very pleased except all the rattling in the dash!! Also, 2 weeks of owning my car and the driver side and passenger side speakers were rattling and blown! (No, i didnt cause this with bass, etc.) Also, i noticed at times stalling when i was driving which was due to the recall my car was under after 2 months of owning it. Got the solenoid valves replaced and so far so good. People rememeber- its a 4 CYLINDER! Its not gonna "get up" and give u "horse power". If you need "power" dont go with the equinox cuz yes u will be dissapointed, especially with the 4 cyl which if driven correctly can give you close to 30 mpg.

The dash and rattling needs improvement!!!

NOT A GOOD PURCHASE =(
By alesy

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this car on Dec 2010 V6 engine, first 2 months the car spent over a week in the dealer after many times of trying due to an oil leak that they could NOT find. It was squeaky on bumps etc.
A total desapoinment. Tried to work a deal with GMC with out luck. Tried to sell it privetly, no luck. We traded it in for a Japanise car. I wonder if there will be something that we can get from GMC like an insentive for all the trouble? If someone is interested in doing something about it as a group count me in.

Back up camera very nice.

Interior Quality all over

WHAT A JOKE...DO NOT BUY ONE
By sickened3539

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is probably the worst car I have purchased, and I have purchased some pretty bad cars. At a little over 1,000 miles it decided to randomly stall while driving! The cam shaft actuators have been replaced THREE times and it still doesn't work. The thing sounds like a diesel semi when you turn it on, has replaced the oil pump. And since I purchased it, it has been in the shop SIX times and is currently there again and has been there for over a week and still unable to be repaired. Chevy's customer service is a joke and they refuse to do anything about it except to continue to repair the UNSAFE vehicle. DO NOT BUY ONE!

Not one thing at all.

Make a vehicle that runs!

MPG Not That Great and Transmission Failure
By carproblems7

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Equinox in July.
Less than 1100 miles and it broke down, long story short, they replaced the transmission.
GM and especially my local dealer were good to deal with.
I love/hate this car.
The very early mechanical problems, make me nervous about the reliability.
The car is really comfortable, handles nice, and works for my purposes.
Gas mileage has been disappointing.
I've not done a full tank road trip, but I've consistently gotten 25mpg.
I'm hoping for better.
I'm really aware of my driving, and try to be as conservative as possible.
I don't drive over 70 MPG on the highway.
If I'd driven my Vibe as conservatively, I'd have gotten 35 mpg. Wish I'd kept my Vibe!

Adjustable drivers seat, back-up mirror, ride comfort, extra room compared to my last car.

Honesty in advertising mileage. I guess when they did their road test, the drove 55 on the highway, and drove downhill everywhere else!

Wish I had not bout it. MPG is a joke
By mtitus

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a new 2011 LT2 for my wife. She loves the looks and it is comfortable and relatively fun to drive. Only relaibility problem in the first 9000 miles was a squeak in the headliner, which the dealer fixed. Main complaint is horrible mpg as compared to GM's advertised 32 mpg highway. Just got back from a Kansas City to Denver trip. Used the eco button and cruise and got 24 mpg. If you want higher mpg, I would suggest the subaru outback. Wish I had that instead.

MPG is pathetic compared to adversited 32 mpg.