Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 303 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Engine repbuilt twice, oil burner, gas burner
By mybestequinox

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove all the way to White Plaines, NY to get the Equinox LTZ in Blue I wanted.
4 cyl (plenty of power), 2WD for maximum mileage.
Drove to WI and back to FL on 4,000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 mpg.
Smooth, reliable, roomy, quiet, efficient, fun to drive vehicle.
Have owned over 35 vehicles to inlcude Corvette, Lexus, and Toyota and love this SUV.
I stole it from my wife this morning just to get the chance to drive it.
Had a noisy tick in the engine audible when outside of the vehicle, GM did the $3,000 repair for NC and provided rental and I have
49K miles on it.
Runs quiet as a mouse.
Great Car, Great Service, Great vaule.

Stalling at red lights, reaks of gas, service stabilitrak
By iusbsoccer3

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Same problem as many others. First and last Chevy, miss my Camry. Have had Equinox for only couple months and have had in it shops three times and nothing has been solved. First issues weeks after purchase was rough idle at red lights that felt like vehicle would stall and it smelled like a Ford Pinto. After complaining numerous times Chevy finally sent a letter describing the same issues and to take care to chevy dealer. I did and they replaced the entire high pressure fuel pump. Problem solved right? Days after check engine light comes on and stays on. Take vehicle to different chevy dealer they state other dealer screwed up. They fix issue. Weeks after same issues. Giving up and selling!

High Expectations... to Ho Hum
By jodeo

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Equinox in 3/2012. I really liked the exterior. My initial test drive was fine, despite being a 4 cyl. engine. As a commuter car it's fine, but in rush hour traffic it lacks the pep and verve I need to maneuver. As for pleasure rides, it's not pleasurable. It's a dad-mobile. It really is a rather dull car experience despite being attractive inside and out. I decided to sell mine after learning (too late) that these tend to consume oil rather quickly. I can't make it to my 3-month oil changes w/o adding a quart, sometimes more. The standard radio makes tweaking audio (bass/treble, balance/fader) a chore, requiring you to take your eyes off the road.
And no compass? Bah.

Gas mileage is very good. Exterior design. Bluetooth is very convenient for taking/making hands-free calls. MP3 CD player is nice (absent an MP3/USB option or working audio-in line). Good storage in the rear hatch.

Fix the oil-consumption problem!!! Remove all interior chrome as sunlight can be unexpectedly blinding. Make radio controls for bass/treble easier than the multi-step, eyes-off-the-road menu system. The magnetic folding keys are a pain as they either take forever to get them to stick into place or simply don't stick at all. Seats have a higher than avg. ridge, making it a little hard to get in and out. Odd shifting in automatic transmission - not sure why, but probably a computer doing something.

so unhappy
By 50570

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just brought a 2010 equinox and I been having problems with this suv sense day one which is crazy I feel like its not worth me making payments on. When I start it up it shakes until
the vehicle
idol down on top of that I keep hearing poppin sounds from the rear end sometimes when I go over a bump or just when Im driving. The check engine light came on and the next day it was off. I took this vehicle back to the dealership 5 times and its still not fix they was supposed to pick it up yesterday and they have not pick it up yet, Im so disappointed with the dealership as well as
vehicle. I feel they should put me into another car or fix this thing cause Im unhappy with it. What can I do.

Eeks and knocks (it's real name)
By thedetailguy

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Burned oil from day one.
Never saw more than 22.5mpg out of this, Eco mode or not.
Timing chain replaced at 20,000 miles along with 8 total (half of the valves).
Driver seat lumbar broke not once but twice.
Made a weird pop noise when warming up from exhaust area, alternator seemed too weak for the car, high pressure fuel pump, pistons and rings replaced at 38,200 miles, car sold back to dealer after this replacement at 10 miles later.
Couldn't be happier to be out of that hell hole. Two engine tear downs at less than 4 years of age and 40,000 miles s. wow!
No more Chevy for us!

Looked nice

Stop making cars, request no more bail outs, allow yourself to fail GM. Please don't put anyone else through this!