Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 307 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Cheaply made car
By Kyle

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Equinox back in December of 2014. Since then I have had my car in the shop over 6 times. I'm tired of it all. Plus I was getting about 31 mpg when I first bought the suv since then I am now getting about 22 mpg. Kind of a joke, I'm tired of all the crap with Chevrolet. I'm done with them and now am looking for another suv all together. Getting away from all of GM vehicles. My previous GMC truck had the same issues and also everything started to break on it one by one

Goodbye Chevy
By goodbyechevy

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a new 2010 Equinox at the end of 09. It was the first one on the lot and I really loved the space and design. That's the only thing left to love. Started having problems almost immediately. After much discussion with Chevy Customer Care, the first engine was replaced at around 60K. Last week, the second engine blew up. It also has 60K miles on it. The service department has said they will not help. $4100 to fix and they will give us $4500 on a trade. Uh, no. We have a Chevy Silverado HD and a Cruze. We have been loyal customers for years. But I can't stand by a company that doesn't stand by their product. I just bought a Toyota for the first time in my life.

The design and the space in the vehicle. But all we can do is sit in it. It doesn't run.

Clearly there are some pretty significant mechanical issues with this vehicle. Chevy needs to figure it out. This vehicle left me stranded on a dark road with 2 small children in the car. And the electrical died so no hazard lights, while we waited for help. I had to flag traffic with a flashlight app on my phone to keep from being hit. Ridiculous.

2010 AWD L4 LTZ Issues
By cdnuscarfan

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ordered this vehicle in before they were even in showrooms, it now has 60,000 miles, 100,000 Kms on it. We like the design but reliability from day one has been a problem. New motor, Rust at bottom of doors and rear hatch, small bolt on driver side power seat lumbar broke, front wheel bearing etc.. GM and my dealership have been great and fixed at no cost to me, however it has been in the shop often. What really concerns me is the felt material GM is using on all their new vehicles behind the front door hinges for sound deadening . We use salt on our roads and this material remains wet, salty, muddy and needs to be changed. I have removed ours and have not noticed an increase in noise.

unsafe problems reduced engine power/ service stabilitrac
By lindseytn32

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My vehicle has been great until it got cold outside and afraid its becoming a death trap. My vehicle has 83,000 miles and this winter my vehicle has decided to lower speed on its own no matter what speed im going.. I was on the interstate with my children doing 70mph and my vehicle violently started shaking the reduced engine power came on and service stabilitrac n immediately wouldn't let me decide the speed of my vehicle it dropped to 40mph and no faster there was no shpulder to pull off and had to drive it like that with people flying up on us scaring us to death. My dealership has tried a lot of things but this is still happening I can shut the car off and about three tries later it will

Engine repbuilt twice, oil burner, gas burner
By mybestequinox

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drove all the way to White Plaines, NY to get the Equinox LTZ in Blue I wanted.
4 cyl (plenty of power), 2WD for maximum mileage.
Drove to WI and back to FL on 4,000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 mpg.
Smooth, reliable, roomy, quiet, efficient, fun to drive vehicle.
Have owned over 35 vehicles to inlcude Corvette, Lexus, and Toyota and love this SUV.
I stole it from my wife this morning just to get the chance to drive it.
Had a noisy tick in the engine audible when outside of the vehicle, GM did the $3,000 repair for NC and provided rental and I have
49K miles on it.
Runs quiet as a mouse.
Great Car, Great Service, Great vaule.

Update:
Engine went south at 60k miles. Two rebuilds. Oil burner. Mileage to 12mpg
Traded for Chevy Trax another GM disaster. Car died and had to be towed 19 times. Never fixed. A nightmare.
Finally after 5 months of pain and only 5600 miles, convinced GM to buy back the 2015 Chevy Trax under the lemon law.
Good riddens GM. Done.

Update:
Will never buy a GM Product again.