Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 303 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great SUV
By Patti

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Compared Honda CR-V to Chevy Equinox. Went with the Equinox based on reviews & test drive. Needed a car for long weekend trips. This one so far exceeds our expectations. It's fun to drive, comfortable, and great on gas mileage.

Onstar, bluetooth, power seats, and great gas mileage.

Cloth seats are horrible. The texture is very rough and abrasive if you are wearing shorts or a skirt. Also dust and crumbs get caught in the holes of the fabric. Would have preferred leather seats, but the dealer had to locate this particular model in another state & leather was not an option.

Equinox fails to meet MPG expectations
By danblaha

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our beautiful Equinox in March '10. The ride and handling are better than expected as is the overall look. BUT, when it come to the gas-millage; Very disappointing! I am 73 ys young and a careful driver. I do not race-off from a stop light/sign and do not drive over 75 on the highway. I do not know where Chevy gets it's right to estimate 32 MPG (highway), the best I can do is 22.5 MPG. Which overall is not bad, but no where is it what I expected. Traded a 05 Murano which got 20 MPG in the city and 24 on the road, so after all the hype about the MPG of the Equinox I feel that Chevy is misrepresenting the facts. Don't get me wrong, I do love it, will C say on my 2nd oil change.

Good Experience so far
By ArtJ

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Took delivery early April and have 1800 miles as of end of May. No problems to date, rides well. Only fault would be inability to see clearly when backing out of a parking space into on coming traffic. Have yet to completely trust camera in this situation as it appears to only look back not to the sides.

interior space & technology

recall chrome latch on center dashboard storage compartment and replace with matte finish. Sun hitting the latch can be annoying and possibly dangerous.

So far so good
By TonyD

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just passed the 2000 mile mark, and all is well with the vehicle. I couldn't find one on the lot, so I ordered one. It was well worth the 8 week wait. Took an age to decide "Terrain or Equinox", but I know I've made the right choice. Blue interior lighting, and a power lift gate with the premium cloth finally swayed it the Chevy way. Gas mpg is 5+ miles off advertised, but it's already 90°+ here in Florida, and the air is cranking, so no real complaints. Still early days, but all in all an excellent vehicle.

Onstar, premium cloth seating, 18" optional alloy wheels, they look great .. :) I-Pod hook up, and Pioneer sound system.

Bits of plasticky interior chrome reflect badly at the wrong sun angle. No low windshield wash indicator? How odd! Blind spots, front and rear take a while to get used too, but I'd rather have that, than miss out on the air- bags.

to somewhat stressed. ( HELP ) ME TOO
By Kristy0108

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Back on 4/22/2010 another concerned Chevy owner mentioned engine noise and getting louder I am experiencing. I myself own the same model and I have brought this to my dealerships attention and also to Chevy customer relations. My engine is making a constant ticking noise I never owned a car so loud before the engine sounds like it's 10 yrs old? Chevy is like "oh well there is nothing we can do about it" it's just the way it is? What? This a brand new car. This car should not be making any engine noise it's especially loud when accelerating. The dealer said it's the fuel pressure regulator and there is nothing they can do? I am deeply disappointed in Chevy gm. Please help

on star, xm radio, the over-all comfort the rear seat adjusts. perfect interior space

take the chrome off the little compartment hinge in the center dash when the sun hits it just right It reflects and very blinding. less cheap plastic that scratches easy 4 cyl. sluggish and downshifts to hard