Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Love my 'Nox!
By Slinky

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first brand new car and I love it. Needed room for dogs and horse gear. Being 6' tall, this was the only SUV in it's class that I did not bump my head getting in and out, or loading either back seats or rear compartment. I looked at the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, BMW 5 and even the Element. This one won out on features. It has tons of room for gear, construction stuff or passengers. For the price, it is a great value. I live in the Northeast, and I can't spin this vehicle around corners!

curb height, handling (esp in snow), roominess

moving some of the console buttons to a higher location - I don't like the need to take eyes off the road to lower/raise rear windows; fuel efficiency city (though I suspect the new 4 cyl is much improved, and for me the V6 is more than I need).

Terrible vehicle GM at it's worst!
By bohinski41

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle brand new in 2007 I've had it in the shop 5 times! I've replace spark plugs and plug wires two times in 2 yr period due to cylinder 3 misfire. I constantly have to change head lights. Transmission went out at 51,000 miles! I've had a wheel bearing go out my tire pressure sensor has went out two times. Ive replaced both axles 2 times a piece. And now after 2 weeks in shop for transmission replacement i have the thing home for an hr and go to get in it and my door handle breaks off and then while i'm driving down the rd my check engine light starts blinking while the thing is spitting and sputtering so once again cylinder misfire. Piece of junk I recommend not to buy!

I love the spacious front and back seats exceptional gas mileage for suv AWD. It has a few rd noises but overall rides Great!!! Just to many mechanical problems.

Gm needs to recall most of these problems or there gonna be in toyotas situation. I guess once the warranty runs out i'm gonna have to trade i cant afford the upkeep.

Chevy Trucks
By Misa

2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My Chevy was good to me the first year I purchased it. I have had major issues since right before the 36k warranty ran out. I have had hubs, axles, holes in muffler, window jam. broken sensors, electrical charges, drained batteries due to improper wiring. I am the only one of 7 siblings still driving American or at least north American (Canada included). My parents refused to buy Chevy from the 80's on. And this year I have the pleasure of looking at my whole family and relay how unreliable the Chevy is. Thanks

Really!! The 2008 model is passe, the 2010 is a Little better but the problems have already been fixed in that model.

Stop making GM cars. Its not worth anything.

My Dealer Loves to Repair it - sigh
By Kerri

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first new car. I loved this car until at 41,000 miles the transmission died. 2 trips on a tow truck and 2 more trips back to the dealer because Chevy would not replace Transmission insisted on rebuilding. Fast forward 10,000 miles and E PAP solenoid is out along with tire sensor and Torque converter. JOY! Dealer has parts on backorder but assures me its SAFE to drive. Wanna bet it will have another ride on a tow truck? Stay Tuned.

The Extended Warranty.

Destroy all and start over.

Decent SUV
By chrismacwpg

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I am fairly happy with the car. I put a fair number of miles on the car in a year and for the most part I have been please. A lot of maintenance though that has been covered under warranty. Strut arm bushings (twice) two wheel bearings and now it is in for a new timing chain. Parts seem to be a pain as the dealership cannot locate some for the new chain replacement which has translated into a 2 week period it is in the shop.

I love the style of the SUV. Sporty and yet a clean look to it. The dual exhaust and updated front grille really make the car stand out.

Better engine with better gas mileage. Tires that don't cost $300 each to replace! Overall not a lot to change