Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

junk!
By christina26

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So disappointed. I bought mine 3 months ago with 59,000 miles. 63,000 miles later "service stabilitrack system" warning comes on. Thank goodness the Toyota dealer I bought it from is offering to buy it back, can't wait to get rid of it. Wish I had looked at the reviews here before purchasing, sounds like a nightmare to own!

Very roomy and comfortable. Was a nice change from a single cab truck.

Transmissions and electrical systems that work!

Loving it
By rsobien

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Got this SUV in Feb 2014. Been very pleased with it. Took it on a road trip from Albuquerque to LA and San Diego with fiance and future mother in law recently - did very well, and my future mother in law who sat in the back the whole way commented about how comfortable it was. It's got reasonable muscle, rides smoothly, and can handle light off roading (don't get too crazy, though). Good cargo space, and just a great overall SUV.

Great for those camping trips to places where the campgrounds aren't all paved over.

*Update*
It is now June of 2016, I still am driving and enjoying my Equinox. I've been on another road trip to San Diego, CA (from Albuquerque) as well as to Lubbock, TX. There have been no real issues, and the mother in law still says the back seats are comfortable. It's great for driving on dirt roads, has done well in snow, has good acceleration, good mileage (on a full tank, I was able to drive from Albuquerque to Flagstaff and still have somewhat more than a quarter tank), and the cargo space is great. I actually just got done moving, and was able to fit quite a bit of my furniture in the back. For those wondering, I measured about 6 feet from the tailgate to the front seat (back seat folded down, then about 3 feet high, 3 feet side to side.

My Biggest disapointment
By guss123abc

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car for my wife, and she loved it for about 3 months. Got it new in 09 and have had nothing but issues. Understand a car that is on the road for 5 years should have some normal ware and tear. at 45K we had the privlige of buying a new transmission. Shortly after that timing chain. Sun roof drains keep pluging and when it rains comes inside car. Have had tire issues and TPMS issues and now Im sure spark plug issues. I made an appointment to see the dealer for stalling issues. I am getting to be real good friends with the service center operators. At 60 K now Im afraid to sell this to anyone. I dont want to pass on junk.

Heated seats.

Change transmission type and back the customer.

Biggest mistake I ever Made!!!
By jabner

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my Equinox new in 2008 with 56 miles on it. The issues in order of occurance: Rear window washer quit, power steering locked up, tire sensors malfuntioned, driver side window & lock and cd player all quit working simultaneously, misfiring at 50mph (changed plugs and wires. Still misfiring) Both headlights have been replaced 9 times in 5 yrs and are very hard to replace. Headlights quit simultaneously each time. GM dropped the ball with the Equinox. Why has there not been a recall?

Back seats fold down for great storage.

The electrical system is a mess! Should be recalled.

Amazing truck!
By bdude273

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

May be one of the greatest trucks ever built. The exterior is amazingly solid, with very strong metal. I feel very safe when driving around in it. The front seats are nice and supportive, although the back seats are a tad hard, but a 5 hour road trip would still be easy to get through. VERY powerful engine, although still more fuel efficient than my 2001 Dodge Caravan with the 3.3l V6. I am getting 13 litres/100KM CITY! 5L HIGHWAY! I have factory chrome which covers the door handles, grille, exhaust tip, and the trunk. I am 5'11, and
when in the back, I have well over 5 inches of leg room, and that is with the passenger seat in my position, and with the rear seats pulled all the way back.

The looks! When Chevrolet was designing this car, it seems as if all the designers had light bulbs over their heads, and kept adding excellent features! In most cars nowadays, the dashboard is 100% hard plastic....But not in the Equinox!!! The airbag cover is soft rubber. Feels like it will go for 300,000 KM's.

I have 1 improvement for Chevrolet. 1! You CANNOT have the cup holders out while the handbrake is engaged. Which idiot designed THAT?