Used 2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great All Around
By HollyB

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like this car. It's very roomy and quiet on the road with a lot of features not available on the competition. I have the mid-grade LT1, front wheel drive model. It's easy to see out of fore and aft, so driving, parking and backing up is easy. The gas mileage is great; I have been averaging over 20 city/hiway and it only requires regular gas. Given I have only the mid level model; it doesn't drive sporty but is pretty agile. However, it can feel tipsy in very windy driving conditions, which makes the steering feel a too light. Upgraded models might mitigate this. Lastly, while the seats are comfy, they are a bit too soft on long drives.

Although not great sounding, the stereo as well as HVAC is easy to use and quickly cools/heats car; lit steering wheel controls are nice as is the on board computer showing miles to empty, tire pressure, etc. Lots of room for luggage and back seat passengers; good gas mileage.

This is nit-picky but could be a deal breaker for some...the cup holder is too low down on the floor; it's a reach for your coffee and there is ONLY 1! Also, there should be grab handles for the front and rear passengers; & hooks for hanging clothes in the back seat instead of only in the trunk.

Bad Design no help with problem
By ray

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Rear doors fill with rain, dust, snow, dirt when going down road. When doors are opened the fender wells are covered with dirt, dust, snow, water making it impossible to use rear seats with out getting clothes ruined..Dealer won't correct nor will G.M. Sorry!

enjoy driving, until opening rear doors then what a mess no way to use rear seat for any purpose.

weather strip on exterior portion of rear doors around entire door...

Love my Equinox!
By smalltwnwife

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded a 2002 Ford Explorer for this Equinox and I'm loving it! I can still hardly believe I qualified for one, but I did! It is such a cute, roomy SUV for my family and I. I can't wait to take it on a road trip and see how well it does. I love how much lower to the ground this vehicle sits, it makes getting kids in and out easy. There is a ton of leg room in the back, even when my 6' hubby is driving. The sliding back seat is great, along with the 'purse cubby' under the front center console. A very basic vehicle, but still enough extra little things to set it apart. What really caught my attention was the crash test ratings. So very important when driving with little ones.

Sliding back bench, dash set up, storage under front center console, tons of leg room in the back, nice get up and go and handling, OnStar and AWD!

Better cup holders.

I love my Equinox
By Annie

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love the look of my Equinox. ' After driving cars for years, I really enjoy sitting up higher.

Roomy back seat

Her name is Queenie Equinox
By Amanda

2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Equinox. I was originally looking for a Honda CR-V, but the moment I saw the Equinox I switched. Honda CR-Vs seems cheap looking compared to the Chevy Equinox. I'm also glad to buy American.

The main reason for my purchase was the good mileage and plenty of room in the car but small enough to fit in our garage. I'm huge fan of the sunroof. I think I am the only one here that really doesn't have a problem with the cupholders.

My Equinox is in the shop because the 1st cylinder in the engine misfires. I don't blame this on Chevy because these things happen. For those of you with a "noisy engine" I suggest taking it in. As soon as GM found the problem, they were more than happy to give me a loaner until it's fixed.