Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

I was pleasantly surprised
By Art

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've owner over 30 cars and don't give praises lightly, however, I have been very happy with this vehicle. I traded in an '05 Trailblazer because it was woefully underpowered, but have been extremely pleased by the pep in my Equinox. The 6 cyl. is more than enough power. When I park next to the Lexus Crossover, I have trouble telling them apart and cannot for the life of me imagine what features I am missing for an additional $20k. My Equinox is fully loaded and with the OnStar GPS system, the vehicle has everything I could need. It drives great on the highway where I average over 24 MPG, and get around 22 MPG around town. I strongly recommend it to anyone who asks.

Definitely the heated seats! Also the sunroof, and the GPS is very user friendly.

The back seat should lay down for a flat storage area. The window controls should be moved to do door, very inconvenient. Biggest complaint is lack of storage space. I bought a Chevrolet storage bag for under the armrest and it doesn't fit! I can't use it and the cup holders.

Who say GM can't build a nice car?
By Ryan

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been problem free for the last 22 months I have owned it. For the price I think there is no better riding small to mid-sized SUV on the market. I’ve had gas mileage up to 26 on a mixed driving. Quiet and smooth ride. The AWD works well on snow and ice. It is well worth the 28k I paid. Only complaint is no overhead grab bars. For those who think GM can’t make a car, please go out and drive one.

Remote starter and stereo are nice. Gas mileage is good for an SUV.

When remotely started cannot engage the heated seats. Heated rear seats and overhead handles would be nice.

Still Not Sold
By TRARAR

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Equinox brand new with 0 miles in Feb 07- coming up on 2 yrs of owning it I still have mixed feelings. It handles horribly in the snow, even with the AWD feature. Its been extremely reliable other than 2 factory recalls (winshield & airbag) the stereo isnt that great, buttons are breaking off, engine knocks even w/ regular oil changes. It has a hard time getting up steep country hills. Very sleek vehicle. Its black. Decent gas milage. Needs a bigger trunk and the hatch is heavy and slow to open. Its ok for now but I'm already looking at buying something else for winter. Its good for summer driving. I wouldnt purchase another. I think its too costly for the quality of it.

Automatic door locks when put in drive, good gas mileage, automatic head lights, roomy front and back seat

Stereo is kind of whimpy, more power for going uphill, if Chevy came out with a 4x4 version I might consider another

Pretty good vehicle
By toolmanmarv

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am well satisfied with my Equinox having owned it for over a year. Have had no mechanical problems yet. Very comfortable and good on long road trips. Gas mileage good on highway-not so good around town. 17 inch Bridgestone tires will hydroplane in a heartbeat in heavy rain. Scary! Interior planning could be better. Rear seat doesn't fold flat and front cupholder interferes with hand brake. Rear cargo curtain is a joke. Don't waste your money buying it. Decent vehicle so far, but still not the quality of my 2000 Volvo. Detroit still can't get it right.

Nothing really exceptional about this vehicle.

Flat cargo area. Better location for front cupholders. Built-in cargo security curtain like the one on the 2001 era Blazer. Different tires.

Happy with my ride
By blackie

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for the money. Ours is fully loaded and we love it. Lots of room and good mileage.

Love the nav system and the XM radio. Comfortable to ride in. Lots of head room and rear seat space. Handles well in the rain.