Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Not Impressed at all!!!
By Lindsay

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car when i was pregnant. The headrest is a vision blocker when trying to look in the blind spots(the tiny windows in the back) The seats are now as hard as bleachers think it's causing my back problems. The plastic dash board and steering wheel are So hard to clean. Not to mention that the trim around the shifter is a huge chrome piece that of course the sun hits and blinds you while you are driving. This could cause an accident. Bought brand new in '07' still haven't reached the gas mileage that it's supposed to be getting and i do a lot of highway driving, when bought it got 16MPGs, now only at 18.3MPGs. HHMM! Sound system?? WHAT HAPPENED!!!

The all wheel drive is the only thing i like. Gets around great in the snow and ice.

bigger, cushier seats, back windows need to be bigger, smaller headrests, new sound system-don't put the speakers in the back doors. Remove the chrome piece from the shifter(my husband covered it with black electric tape.)

Impressed with Equinox!
By cbvazquez

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a small SUV for quite awhile. I had my mind set on a Mitsubishi Outlander but during my test drives, I tried a 2006 Equinox and was impressed with the handling. I disliked the interior of the 2006, so I tried the 2007. I was impressed with the interior upgrades (new for that year) and the $ was right! The cabin is extremely quiet, the engine (3.4 V6) is adequate for size of the vehicle. The steering does feel somewhat numb-it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The back seat is VERY roomy and slides back & forth - convenient for parents with little ones or if you need additional cargo room without putting the seats down. I feel I got alot for my $ - so far!

Quiet cabin, Trip computer./Driver Information Center, AWD, Feels safe and interior is roomy & comfortable. Exterior/Interior is very appealing.

Gas mi is so-so, I get 18 - 20 mpg local driving, stereo - EEEK - MUST UPGRADE, larger roof rack, the center console between the seats seems pretty cheap.

Hope it floats
By dachismom

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car after driving a Focus for 9 years. I had it for 5 days and then it rained. I thought I WAS IN A BATHTUB. It has been at the dealer for over a week waiting for parts to come in. I think I know why I got such a good deal. Hopefully it floats.....

Moon roof. Interior space

Better seals around back doors

So far, so good
By Guardfamily

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We bought it because our family was growing and we needed a little extra room for the family car. We've been really pleased with how well its done so far. We recently took a roadtrip to the mountains and I averaged 28 MPG with the AC on. Usually I get 21-22 in the city. Just a few downsides. So far, we are pleased with the purchase.

On-star, heated seats and remote starter

Turning radius could be much better! AC could be a little colder

Great car
By George Palm

2007 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The Equinox fits my lifestyle perfectly right now. It's very easy to drive and park. It has plenty of room for people or gear. Tows my boat or trailer. Has great traction with the AWD. I love it.

XM radio. Compass. Outside temp. Great design.