Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Overall, a good car
By Gary

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves this car! It has been a good car up to now. Good mileage on the highway and easy to handle.

The compliments we hear from our friends about our Equinox.

Hard to see around the side posts. Noisy tires. Cheap cup holders.

A diamond in the rough
By stuart

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a lot of SUVs before but my 2007 Equinox is by far the best I've owned. My mileage is quite good on the highway around 27-28 mpg. On a long trip I took, on a level road, with Cruise Control on 60, I was averaging 30 MPG. The ride is comfortable, smooth and effortless to drive. The AWD is awesome in Snow, especially going up hills. Brakes are superb and quiet. The best feature is the back seat that is adjustable and has a flat floor (no hump). I have my own business and transport a lot of boxes. Out of all my previous SUVs this one hold the most.

The AWD and seamless driving from dry to wet to snow. The rear flat floor (no hump) and the comfortable seats that have premium cloth and easy to clean. The gas consumption that was a big plus.

The 2010 model is my next purchase. They really improved on a sleeping giant.

2007 Chevy Equinox LT
By DHS

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used 6 months ago, have had no problems at all so far. The sliding rear seat is a brilliant idea that is very useful. Rear seat room is excellent. The center console mounted window switches struck me as odd at first, but I have come to love them, they offer very easy and visible access. Performance is acceptable, fuel mileage is better than I expected. My only complaints are that the transmission seems unsure of which gear to use, (5th or overdrive) and hunts between 40 and 50 mph, the sunroof whistles above 60 or so, and the front seat cushions seem a bit short. However, these issues do not negatively affect my appreciation for this vehicle.

Sliding rear seat, great sound system with mp3 and aux. input, good fuel mileage, looks good, lots of space, comfortable on the interstate, driver information system, individual tire pressure monitors.

Hunting transmission is annoying, so is the whistle from the sunroof. Front seat cushions too short, but otherwise comfortable.

Constant problem
By CCM

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my Equinox for less than a year and it is anything but great. The stabilitrac indicator keeps coming on and when that happens, problems are sure to follow. The reduced engine power will come on, and then, the car will slow down to a steady 20 mph. The car will start chugging. Then, it will flash "starter disabled" on the dash and the whole car will shut down. It doesn't matter if you're parked or if your driving on a freeway. It will just shut off and disable all essential functions (like the brakes and steering). This has happened twice to me and paying to have a constant problem fixed is not worth it. Losing my trust in Chevy.

The spacious back seat

Grant a recall on the Stabilitrac Traction control.

2007 Equinox
By amyee2112

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Equinox for almost 3 years and have been happy with it overall. I have not had any problems with leaks, it drives well, and it's comfortable. The only issue I have is that the trim around the gear shift is shiny metal and it does reflect the sun, but nothing that sun glasses don't take care of!

Roomy, decent gas mileage.

Gear shift metal.