Used 2007 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Very Good Vehicle
By Love my CHEVY

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had to get a new car when my old one got totaled. I knew I wanted a SUV but i didn't know what. I found my car I took it on 2 test drives, and I fell in love with it. I love how high it sits up im short so that makes a big difference. When it's time to get another vehice it will definitely be looking for another Equinox. I also like how well priced they are!

I really like the look of the exterior. It still has a sporty look to it. I really like how it will tell you your tire pressure and when you need an oil change. The leg room in the back is very good. But my favorite thing is how it tells you how many miles to empty!

The blinker is so annoying! It is way too loud! And I would improve the gas mileage but other than that no complaints.

Best crossover out there
By texaspony

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is a totally under-rated and ignored crossover. Easily the best vehicle I have ever owned. Versatility unmatched by any other competing small SUV. The Edmunds review of the Equinox is more favorable than most. The highest praise I can give is that very soon our '07 LT will be joined in the garage by an '08 Sport.

MPG is fantastic. 23-24 around, with 26 attainable on long highway trips, including 3 adults and a dog on a holiday trip to Las Vegas. Absolute comfortable seating and easy to use controls. The OnStar, a feature not available on any competition is worth every penny. Pioneer sound system is great!

Chevy needs to advertise the Equinox like crazy. I can't recall ever seeing a TV ad for it. The only improvement I can recommend would be the addition of grab handles for passengers.

Overall a very good vehicle
By Mark NJ

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We were forced to purchase a new car after the Jeep dealer ruined our 05 Jeep Liberty. We really did not want to be in the market for a car and yet here we were. We began my search in the beginning of September and wanted to get a year end deal on a 2007 model. After reviewing a number of models, we settled on the Pontiac Torrent. Although, this was the first choice, we gravitated to the Equinox as we could not find a Torrent with the equipment desired. However, if we could have assembled the car ourselves we would have put the Torrent front on the Equinox rear. Since purchased we put on about 4,400 trouble free miles. We have not had to take the car back for any adjustments or correc

5 speed automatic, ride, mileage, interior, general quality feel, fit and finish, radio/navigation, heated seats, sun roof, roominess, handling, brakes, and competence the car gives the driver, back seat leg room, integrated roof rack, with the exception of the front, the profile and rear styling.

Horn, flimsy visors/unlit mirrors, 4 blind spots, no locking glove box, key fob without a hatch release, 1 speed rear wiper, outside mirrors no defrost feature, layout center console, some interior plastics, no hood insulation pad, power window button location, no coat hooks, slow rear defroster, front pillars

Not Sure Yet
By Not Sure

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Looked for a long time before settling on the Nox. Thought I wanted a car after driving a 2 WD pickup for 10 years. Took the Nox for a spin on a whim one day and was surprised by the ride and how quiet it was. Found this one at a rental outlet with 20K on it and I've put on 2K. So far its been reliable and very comfortable on my 25 mile commute. There have been a couple of snowy, icy days here in CO that I have been very glad to have the AWD, it handles great in the snow. Not happy with the mileage, averaging 20 or so in mixed highway/city.

AWD is great, handles great, quiet and pretty decent power. I do my own oil changes and this car is very easy work on.

Power outlets are hidden down by the floor and only one in front,not handy. Lots of wasted space in the interior. The rails along the windshield make snow removal a pain! The rear seats don't fold flat so the cargo area is not as handy as it could be. Don't like the tire pressure sensor.

We Love our new hot rod
By Curt Bruce

2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in a 2001 Cadillac Deville on our Equinox. We love the room you have when you fold down the back seats. Great on trips. the Pioneer sound system is awesome! It is very quick for a six cylinder. Handles great and is fun to drive. We don't regret giving up Caddy because the Equinox is just as comfortable. Last thing, the heated seats are a must for the North Central part of the country, you will not regret it! I would definitly buy another Equinox.

Leather, sunroof and the heated seats. The Pioneer sound system.

None